Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: West Coast LF Gathering?

Re: West Coast LF Gathering?

I'm in Napa. I work some weekends, so they don't always work for me. They are as good as any other day, though. Keep me posted.

Peter

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

O.K. guys, I'm putting together a couple Bay Area get-togethers for March:

Saturday, March 8: San Mateo county coast. Let's meet up at Pescadero Beach and explore a 10-mile stretch of the coast along Highway 1. I've shot in this area numerous times before, but always find something new every time I return. Some of us will be there for first light; many can only make it for the afternoon photography session. In addition to Pescadero Beach, there's San Gregorio Beach, Pomponio Beach, Pigeon Point Lighthouse, and Bean Hollow Beach. We can have lunch after the morning session and share/critique prints. I plan to end the day at Bean Hollow photographing all of the beautiful and surreal tafoni sandstone formations.

Saturday to Sunday, March 29 to 30: Big Sur. We will meet near Highway 1 just south of Carmel. The morning shoot will be at Carmel Beach, Garrapata State Beach, and/or Point Lobos State Reserve. The afternoon can be to remain in the same area, or move south to Pfieiffer Big Sur State Park/ Julia Pfieffer Burns State Park. There are several campsites in the area, including at Pfieffer Big Sur SP. This area has a multitude of shooting opportunities, and yet another scenic coastal vista lies around every corner!

If you e-mailed me to get on the list, you should have received an e-mail announcement. I will e-mail out more specific information as the dates approach. If you want to get on the list, send me an e-mail off of the forum. I look forward to meeting everyone!
    Brian Vuillemenot

Landscape/Still Life

So how did it go everyone? Details and images would be nice...

Can you please put me on the list? I am located in the East Bay and it would be great to get together with other large format photographers! email: gaintsequoia at gmail dot com.

Thx
    Andy

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

I would like to give everyone a heads up. Per Volquartz is going to be giving a workshop/gathering in Northern California from October 20th to the 24th and the weekends before and after. We will base ourselves in Arcata. More details to follow. Oh, by the way Vaughn has offered to give a carbon demo and we will have the use of the University darkroom evenings and weekends. There is a post on APUG for more details.

Jim