Thread: Photoshop CS3 upgrade from Elements

Photoshop CS3 upgrade from Elements

Here is a deal for anyone with PhotoShop Elements (versions 1 - 6!!) who wants to go big:

http://direct.adobe.com/v?xJlqHqlEJTqTJvP

$299 gets you full Photoshop CS3

Seems quite a deal to me.

Re: Photoshop CS3 upgrade from Elements

"The promotion code you entered has already been used."

One consideration on CS3....

The bookstores on most college campuses sell Photoshop CS3 on educational discount for this same price. Each college seems to have some latitude on the qualifying level of classes including Community Education classes in order to qualify. I instruct in Community Ed at a community college, and I can't begin to tell you how minimally you have to be a student to qualify.

And, contrary to popular myth, the CS3 sold on educational discount is full version, no restrictions.

Contact your local college, university, or community college bookstore to see what the requirements are. Heaven knows, a little extra education can't hurt any of us, so why not make it pay off?

Also, understand that I am not suggesting anything that violated Photoshops rules, or any other aspect of a legitimate transaction.

Re: One consideration on CS3....

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzano View Post
    And, contrary to popular myth, the CS3 sold on educational discount is full version, no restrictions.

With the exceptions that it can't be upgraded and that it's only single user license (one machine). Still though, it's a terrific bargain.

Re: One consideration on CS3....

Quote Originally Posted by GaryT View Post
    With the exceptions that it can't be upgraded and that it's only single user license (one machine). Still though, it's a terrific bargain.
    Thanks for that. I knew it was only a single license, but I did not know about the lock on upgrading. As you say, It's still a great price break. I always tell the students in my community ed digital photography and elements class about the opportunity, and some have taken advantage of the liberal read on this qualification.

According to this page on the Adobe website, educational versions can be upgraded...

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=kb402371

I've just upgraded from an educational version of PS 7.0 to full CS3. The upgrade came with it's own key and serial number and once installed identifies as a full version not an educational version.

The CS3 license allows for installation on two machines, provided that only one copy is in use at any time.

It sounds like an upgrade from elements to full CS3 is a better deal than getting an educational version of CS3 for the same price.
    Last edited by Paul Ewins; 19-Feb-2008 at 15:49. Reason: more to say