Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A thousand monkey's -who needs Eggleston

A thousand monkey's -who needs Eggleston

Who needs Eggleston or Stephen Gill - my cat could do that... :-)

http://photo-muse.blogspot.com/2008/...itz-katze.html

You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Re: A thousand monkey's -who needs Eggleston

The artist is very spontaneous and in the moment.

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com

hmmmmm. Who gets the photo credit?

So when are servalience camera operators going to get their show at the Guggenheim?

vaughn

Fritz is one of my Heroes. I ran across this a few weeks ago. Marvelous images, though definitely not large format. I have caught my cat staring at the ground glass on the back of my Shen-Hao, but I don't think she knows how to use Readyloads.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Moat View Post
    Marvelous images, though definitely not large format. I have caught my cat staring at the ground glass on the back of my Shen-Hao, but I d
    Gordon Moat Photography
    I dunno - have you seen the size of that camera? I think in cat inches it's large format...
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I already see big coverage by the media, a traveling show, and of course, Los ANgeles critics, killing each other trying to get an interview by the artist.

Photography has been described as a practice of selection. What to put in the frame and what not to put in the frame. It seems to me that with Fritz, image capture is more or less random and that the editing or selecting of interesting images out of the random mass is where creative input/selection is inserted. I use the term "creative" very liberally here. So it seems more like random images edited versus "cat" photography. Actually I am reminded of shutter happy Winogrand. Not his aesthetics, but his process. Hummmm, Fritz v. Winogrand, the next Photo Fight Club Now that would probably piss off a bunch of peeps, tempting.....

jetcode

I worked on a project involving model trains and the main inventer had a wireless camera installed in one of his locamotives and would film excursions around the amazing layout he constructed over the last 25 years, some amazing footage

Alan, you should keep in mind that many famous photojournalists of the past had really good editors. Those editors allowed the best of their images to appear, and shielded the photographers lesser images from public view . . . at least until today, when some of the names of the past are so famous that some people will buy nearly any image or book by them . . . not naming names . . . . .

Anyway, I think if you looked through the editors choices from Fritz, you might find a good match-up against Winograd, or even Meyerowitz. Actually, Fritz seems very diverse in urban landscape, nature shots, and even social commentary. There could be an entire slew of photographers he could challenge. I think to make it even more interesting, leave out the name of the photographer, and leave out the image credit to Fritz . . . until after many votes have been cast. I would bet a few people would select images by Fritz.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography