Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, I am sorry, I am going to have to discontinue...

Well, I am sorry, I am going to have to discontinue...

taking orders for a while, I am working very hard on getting caught up, and am on a break through to produce glass quicker, but am so overwhelmed with orders. that seeing the top of the heap in not in the cards for a while..And then I just got a note telling me, that my glass is useless! First time, I have heard that in 30 thousand plus screens in the market place! I was surprised! Anyway, I will post a note when I am caught up and am able to take orders again, but feel it is more important to get this caught up and get back on the plus side..

Thanks, for all the support, you have made us number one, but I feel I need to get things caught up before I can in good faith take anymore orders.

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

By the way, if someone can post this note over at APUG, I would be thankful as I can't post over there..

Thanks.

Re: Well, I am sorry, I am going to have to discontinue...

useless???

Yeah, I suppose it is useless if you're trying to paint a car with it or something????

WTF?

Dave, as you well know, I have several sheets of Satin Snow GG...even a few spares. I can assure you that it is far, far from useless. Damned goo product at a very fair price if you ask me.

Best Wishes. Stay warm and Dry.

Brad.

Some people can be really mean. I got my first nasty email about my website and pictures today. I guess they'll be more of that over time. Don't let it get you down, though, keep on making your excellent glass.

Dave, Posted on APUG under product availability .

Please make sure you take time off to to take some photos.

jan

Hi Brad and Rory,

I am not down or mad, I am sure, it did not work out for him and I don't believe he was being mean at all, it happens, and I will refund his purchase, I have wrestled with this for quite a while now, and I just feel it is better that I service everybody who has ordered and get caught up, we are currently working on a method that will allow us to produce glass much faster, but I want to get this caught up and make sure everybody who is currently on order with us, get their screens. I am NOT going to stop making screens, and will make sure to keep everybody updated as to our schedules as well as when we are back to taking orders.

Thanks again guys..

Dave

Thanks Jan,

No time off for a while, I will still be making glass, but want to try and get caught up..hopefully by this summer, because I would like to start working my wedding photography business again, so we are going to give it our all to do that.

Thanks for posting this for me.

Dave

Well shoot! And our shower door is grungy! Guess I'll have to clean it instead of ordering one from you. Here's hoping things fall in place and get back in control very soon. We wish you the best.

Thank goodness, you are just discontinuing taking orders for a while! Seeing the title of your thread, for a brief scary moment I thought you were getting out of the business. You can't scare us like that, Dave.

I hope things fall in place and work out well for you. And I hope you can go out and make some photographs too.

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    And then I just got a note telling me, that my glass is useless! First time, I have heard that in ...
    Dave try not to over dramatize. I specifically stated that your GG is not as bright as the Shen-Hao 4x10 GG it was to replace. More specifically when I held each GG out of camera at arms length side by side in my living room looking out onto a white house at a short distance surrounded by forest and green landscape 90 degrees to the early afternoon sun at my right I was able to see image shapes and colors through the Shen-Hao glass while the SatinSnow remained opaque (frosted white). When I inspected the GG's closeup it appears the SatinSnow grain structure is much coarser and the possiblity that both sides are treated while it appears the Shen-Hao may have just one side treated. As usual there was a miss in the measurement taken and the new GG was too long to install and that's when I noticed the two GG's side by side. I discovered that what I already have is brighter by at least 1 stop than the SatinSnow and the SS GG became useless for me (I was expecting improvement in brightness) but not because it was poorly manufactured, it simply didn't outperform the Shen-Hao GG which surprised me.

Dave being the consummate business man is going to refund upon receipt of the GG. I had to pay shipping 3 times because of a Paypal address foul up which was corrected by an early email to Dave that went astray and when the package went out he unknowingly used the bad Paypal address that comes up automatically through the Paypal invoice. I have since figured out how to delete the bad address and this will no longer be an issue.

Joe

That's good new and bad news. From the thread title, I thought the worst...

I knew I should have ordered the glass I wanted... No problem as it's just spares.

Good luck Dave. Catch up, get well and do some shooting. Maybe even a vacation!