Page 48 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Durst L1840 Enlarger 8x10 10x10--Everything you wanted to know...

Re: Durst L1840 Enlarger 8x10 10x10--Everything you wanted to know...

What supplier can you recommend for a 2000W bulb for the Durst horizontal enlargers?
    Claus

I got some Thorn HX27 (Durst Colamp 2000) from Durst USA. I think it is the same one for the HL2506.

I worked late the week of the anniversary and then worked on the weekend. No big celebration but I plan on a cleaning and mechanical/electrical check.

To the idea of plexi trays.

Plexiglass is afraid of some chemicals. For example, usual alcohol will make it go "dry", matt, go to small cracks in few month.
    I have been buying a pump from water cooling PC mother boards. Seller told me "never try alcohol to acrylic". And explained why.
    Since then we never try cleaning acrylic after framing with alcohol...

We have done some 50x40 trays welded from 4mm PVC. Walls from 6 mm. And some edgштп around the top for rigidity and to carry around.
    Here in UA it cost us about 400$ for 6 trays (work and materials). Right guy was found by a search for 'welding pvc for pools".

Also, we have 4 permanent 50*40 trays from stainless but had to cover then with epoxy cover as stainless welds started to show stain..

To dump permanent trays we use 2x4 wood bar under all Legs from one side and small 8x10 (o smaller tray) and windows wash squeezer to help (20L per tray).
    Last edited by Chuki; 25-Aug-2018 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I got some Thorn HX27 (Durst Colamp 2000) from Durst USA. I think it is the same one for the HL2506.
    I got some of mine (and didn't get twice more) from the same source. I know that Jens sold some from the last stock we bought 50\50 to Russians. Now I see that these guys a selling one by one on ebay.
    Last edited by Chuki; 25-Aug-2018 at 15:14.

Quote Originally Posted by urs100 View Post
    Hello,
    problem solved. The problem was a broken micro switch, see attached image.
    Replacement was hard to get from the original supplier, they usually sell them in packages of 500 pieces. Now they charged me 25 Euros for ONE, but it was worth the money because the machine works well again. In between I tried another similar looking switch for a few Euros but that one did not work either.
    Best
    Claus

Attachment 170433
    Sorry I have seen this post only today. We have the same problem with this switch when 2501 jumped off the rails (one stupid guy (guess who) installed enlarger so that fully inserted neg holder was reaching the corner on the way). To prevent irreversible the same guy put a stop so that neg couldn go deeper than corner. And the same guy took it off to print neg that was too far from center on the glass. And forget till the next day.. Rails are flat on one side so wall din't suffer much due to machine going off the rails. After that experiment prooving irreversibility of irrversable machine was reinstalled to another location.

Also always check that nobody leave foot inside rails while powering machine - it is bad when machine trap the foot against crossbars. Friend and clients in the darkroom usually tend to understimate this.

Also in the test mode you could quick check for the switches actuation (if you power on machine with service button pushed).

PS being paranoic I always turn off the machine in the close to the wall position so that other guys have no chance to harm themselves after power on.
    Last edited by Chuki; 25-Aug-2018 at 15:14. Reason: adding some extra info

Wow, what happened to this thread. The story is told in pictures (I'm a photographer, not a writer ) but all the pictures are gone!!

It may take months of constant work to re-post all the pictures in some context.

Anyway, some updates:
    A new Reflector!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old and New durst Reflectors.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	182827

Name:	New durst Reflector 2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	182828

A few months ago the fine focus stopped working. I checked and re-tweaked the metastable oscillator circuit. I had put a little trimmer pot in place of the resistor R 41 so this can be adjusted without taking the board out and re-soldering a new resistor from the "E12 Series."

Name:	durst Metastable .jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	182829

Dear ic-racer,

I agree with your shock that the photos have disappeared from this thread (as well as many others on the web.. which could be the subject of another thread, in itself, and IMHO another argument in favor of paper storage and analogue vs digital and web storage, at least, ironically as a back-up!).

Secondly —related to Durst 8x10— I have a question of you. I've just re-discovered a pulsed-xenon light source I have for a Durst L184 (I'm in France). I have no use for it and, anyway, wouldn't have the money to have the work done to certainly update the capacitors for this electronic monster. Do you know anyone here in Europe who'd be interested in this beast?

Best,

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Nisperos View Post
    Dear ic-racer,

I agree with your shock that the photos have disappeared from this thread (as well as many others on the web.. which could be the subject of another thread, in itself, and IMHO another argument in favor of paper storage and analogue vs digital and web storage, at least, ironically as a back-up!).

Secondly —related to Durst 8x10— I have a question of you. I've just re-discovered a pulsed-xenon light source I have for a Durst L184 (I'm in France). I have no use for it and, anyway, wouldn't have the money to have the work done to certainly update the capacitors for this electronic monster. Do you know anyone here in Europe who'd be interested in this beast?

Best,

Christopher
    Perhaps Sergey, who remanufactured the reflector. I'll direct him to your post.