Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony Artisan drivers

Sony Artisan drivers

Does anybody know how where to get mac drivers for the Sony (GDM-C520) Artisan ? The Sony website doesn't recognize this model number anymore, and Sony links obtained through a google search are broken. In the last 3.5 years since I've upgraded my system, I seem to have misplaced the original CD.

Re: Sony Artisan mac drivers ?

I should have a CD with the drivers on it that I can make a copy for you. Let me know if you want me to and I can make it and mail tomorrow.
    Mike Boden

www.mikeboden.com
    Instagram: @mikebodenphoto

hey, funny that, I did the installer for that driver, way, WAY back

buze, mac developer in disguise.

I have the Artisan calibration software v. 1.25 (I think it's the last version before they stopped supporting it). I can send you an FTP link if you want it. I'll just need your email addy. Send me an IM with your info, I'll upload it and send you a link.

Red face Re: Sony Artisan mac drivers ?

I would be most grateful for a link to the 1.2.5 drivers for Windows. Unable to locate anywhere. RudyKat

josh

Re: Sony Artisan drivers

has anybody had any luck installing the Artisan 1.2.5 on a Mac Pro? I have been at it for about 3 hours and after it goes through the calibration, i keep getting an error message that states the that i should either check the ambient light settings, or let the monitor warm up more. This monitor has been sitting in storage for about 5 months. prior to that, it worked great. the gamma/gain values were all really low as well indicating a fair amount of life left on this tube.

I think this is a known bug. You might want to check out the following link. Karl Lang, who was one of the original developers of the Artisan, has written a patch that supposedly fixes your problems. Try it out and let us know.

http://www.lumita.com/labs/artisan/
    Mike Boden

www.mikeboden.com

josh

It actually worked with a re-install of 1.2.5 but i will throw this patch in there just to be safe. Thank you!!!!

-josh

I just wanted to add that I've purchased two used Sony Artisan Monitors from Luis, and they were both in fantastic, like-new, condition. Luis is a very upstanding businessman and technician. He definitely knows what he's talking about. If anyone is in need of service, don't even hesitate about contacting Luis. Furthermore, if you're in the market for a Sony Artisan, or perhaps other used monitors, he may have one available.

And Luis...glad to see you around these parts. I hope you're doing well.
    Mike Boden

www.mikeboden.com