Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grandagon N 75/4.5 - recessed lens board

Grandagon N 75/4.5 - recessed lens board

Hello,

recently I acquired a very nice Grandagon N 75/4.5 and as just 2 days ago I successfully defended my PhD - I have time for photography again . Anyhow - although it is not a problem to focuse the lens on a flat lens board to infinity with my Tachihara, the bellows are quite compressed and does not allowe for much movements. So I consider to get a recessed lens board - the question is - which one. In other words - how MUCH recessed. Original Linhof lens boards cost a fortune and there are some generic ones out there. Any advice or experience would be helpfull.

thanks
    Matus

Re: Grandagon N 75/4.5 - recessed lens board

Hi Matus I use a Fujinon SWD 75mm(Copal 0) in a generic 19mm recessed board with my Tachi. Its a tight fits but its ok. The lens board itself is a very precise fit to the camera. The cable release fitting thats mounted on the board works very well (with a bit of modification). If I remember correctly I had to shorten the length of the Pin that triggers the shutter and do a little patient bending with pliers for the best fit.

The seller is on ebay under the name of........ jinfinance( 9351 )

regards
    kev

Just to add Matus, I have to use the end of a pencil to open and close the Preview Lever...the fingers don't quite fit. I'm also glad that I opted for the board with the Off centre Hole rather than the center drilled hole. I think this allows a little more room for positioning the shutter.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19mm-centered-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by kev curry; 30-Jan-2008 at 07:40.

I had the very same lensboard, but was unable to get the damn cable release device to work properly. There is always the possibility to use a flexible GEPE cable release adapter directly on the shutter. And yes, the lensboard is a tad thicker than most of the Technika-tpye lensboards, but that was no problem for my Ebony.
    I hope you do enjoy the Grandagon...

The 001015 Comfort recessed lensboard from Linhof is the correct board. All control are on the surface of the board.

Heres a link to the Linhof Studio UK that stocks the board that Bob mentioned.
    http://www.linhofstudio.com/home/home.html

- kev -

that is exactely the generic lens board Ihad in mind. I am just wondering wehter 11m instead of 19mm would not be enough - and easier to use. I Have to check with the camera.

- Bob -

001015 Comfort ... is the corect board
    sure the Linhof would be the best - but 130 pounds is a bit too "heavy" . But still - you mean that other ones (from Linhof, of course) would not fit ?

- aender -

I do enjoy it - but I have not taken ANY pictures with it yet as I was busy to finish my PhD. But this will change in the very next few days.
    Matus

Matus,

Congratulations on your thesis defence. Certainly, one of life's finest moments.

You will love the 75/4.5-N Grandagon. An extremely sharp lens with a beautiful color rendition. I use a flat board on my Arca Swiss for this lens, but need a 7mm recessed board for the 55 APO Grandagon. If you use wide angles a lot, have you considered a bag bellows?

Congrats on the defense and the lens. It's one of my favorites. I'm not sure how much recession I have on my board, but it's about the width of the copal shutter. I use the cable release end to move the lens controls. Works great on my Osaka.
    Laurent

Congrats on the defense.

My 75/4.5 Grandagon-N lives on an older Linhof recessed board from the Tech IV/V era (it's tan) with a 20mm recess (or thereabouts), and it has an angled metal cable-release adapter attached to the shutter (if it didn't, I'd use a Gepe flexible cable release extender). I have small fingers, so I can reach the controls, or if I have the center filter on and the lens wide open and just need to stop it down for the exposure, I can reach the aperture control with a pencil.

Dave Karp

Can't help you regarding the lensboard, but congratulations.