This is a great site! Thanks to all those who contribute and make the learning possible.

I'm just now starting in LF. Over the years, I've shot 35mm, a tiny bit of 6x7, and a little digital as of late. LF has always been on my mind, but I never took the plunge. The reason I decided to do LF now was this "event" here in Tucson a year ago:

This much snowfall is extrememly rare here. Every 2-3 years we may get a very light dusting, but not enough to make a good photo. I've lived here 20 years and this was the most snow I've seen here. After talking with others that have lived here longer, they recalled another like it in 1987. So I think this truly was a once-in-20-year event!

Where am I going with all this? I've been wishing ever since I took these that I had a better camera to capture this rare event. I'm dissapointed in myself that the best capture I have is a 5 megapixel JPEG!! Oh how I wish I had the images I took that day on 4x5!

Recently I purchased a used Arca Swiss F line so I can try to right my wrongs. Have been gathering the other little necessary pieces of equipment; soon I can go out and make mistakes with my new camera!

Anyway, if you've read this far, thanks. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community.

Scott