Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: OT:new Fuji MF camera

Re: OT:new Fuji MF camera

Quote Originally Posted by Rory_5244 View Post
    Thanks, Rob. My feelings exactly on those Mamiya lenses, BTW.
    same here - never did like it. Always liked the look the lens on my old GSWII 69 gave though.

Now, if Plaubel relaunched the folding Makina 67 - that would be cool... :-)

(which btw was also a 6x7 folder with built in metering...)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I wonder who they see as their target audience for what's not much more than a rather expensive camera for casual, amateur use?

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hilker View Post
    I wonder who they see as their target audience for what's not much more than a rather expensive camera for casual, amateur use?
    Clearly all the gadget geeks on apug.com

We're not like that, are we?

Shame on me - I don't know the Plaubels at all Tim. They always seemed to be pricey German elitist things. Haven't seen any in England.

The Certo66 website is very very nice. There are so many sweet looking ones there. At the minute, I'm happy with the Leica M6 which I got last year. Although it's only 35mm, I can carry it around with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post

Shame on me - I don't know the Plaubels at all Tim. They always seemed to be pricey German elitist things. Haven't seen any in England.
    they were a real favourite of a lot of the "New British Colour" guys in the 1980's early 90's.

It's one of the few MF camera/lens set up's I've come across that when printed to a reasonable size could pretty much fool you it was LF.
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Quote Originally Posted by tim atherton View Post
    same here - never did like it. Always liked the look the lens on my old GSWII 69 gave though.

Now, if Plaubel relaunched the folding Makina 67 - that would be cool... :-)

(which btw was also a 6x7 folder with built in metering...)

This is way, way, off topic, but if you ever see Ghostbusters II, there is a cool scene where Bill Murray uses a Brooks Veriwide in the museum where he is taking pictures of the Vigo painting. (They were showing this movie on TV last week...)

I agree with Dick.... what is the intended market here? An M7 with an 80mm lens is pretty compact, but it offers interchangeable lenses, ratchet advance, etc. I guess they could offer the same camera in a few fl's, like 45mm, 65mm, 120mm..., so overall, a compact kit? I don't really get it, but sure am happy Fuji is demonstrating its commitment to film use.

come to the dark s(l)ide..... Carsten Wolff's Avatar
    Australia at the moment, Spain or UK one day perhaps

....a bit like the Nikon S2 remake in market appeal I guess. I'm perfectly happy with my old 6x9 Agfa Billy Record folder, too. Kudos to Helen by the way; I like her lens replacement idea. Turns her old Voightlander into a Super-Makina (format-wise anyway).
    http://www.jeffbridges.com/perception.html "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right."

guys, i got to say... i fall in love with this fuji 6x7 the moment i lay my eyes on it.
    i was a mamiya 7II user before i 'upgraded' to shenhao 4x5.

i still have a soft spot for 6x7 format and i wanted a portable one. and this fits the bill. let's see whether the price is alright or not

This looks hot, I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hilker View Post
    Isn't that the market for virtually all cameras?

I thought even "pro" cameras mostly got sold to casual amateurs.