Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT:new Fuji MF camera

Re: OT:new Fuji MF camera

I just hope they don't stick the name HASSELBLAD on it and then charge $3000.

Well, $1000 would be nice, but judging from the retro/lux design this is a collector/afficionado type camera and with the dollar tanked, I don't see it happening. The volume is definitely going to be low, so these will be pricey buggers, no doubt.

That looks just like all the old school MF folders. I'd love one if the RF was going to be reliable, the body was strong enough for every day use, and the price was affordable.

I don't think any of those requirements will be met though. Not for me anyway

If I could ever find the time to continue modifying my Polaroid 900, then I would have a portable 6x7 (actually 56x72) rangefinder camera. I am designing mine to use my Linhof Super Rollex back, as well as 4x5 backs.

Anyway, kudos to Fujifilm for even showing this concept prototype. While it might be a limited run collector camera, or only sell in Japan, at least they are investigating making it.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

$600 tops. It's manual advance (hopefully with click stops rather than those horrible red gummy windows).

Also, flip out curtains to shoot 6x6cm would be perfect. I can't believe they've gone for a squat useless 6x7cm format instead of 6x4.5, 6x6 or 6x9. Squat format die!!

But realistically, why bother with a modern Fuji, if you can take another vintage folding orphan home?

I'd be happier if they hadn't discontinued production of the GW/GSW series of cameras. The rangefinder could be a tiny bit brigher but overall the "Texas Leica" is a brilliant piece of equipment and mine has served me well for well over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Moat View Post
    If they added Aperture Priority, then it could be quite intriguing.
    Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography
    Judging by the "A" on the shutter ring (auto exposure)... it looks like aperture priority exposure is in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post
    $600 tops. It's manual advance (hopefully with click stops rather than those horrible red gummy windows).

Also, flip out curtains to shoot 6x6cm would be perfect. I can't believe they've gone for a squat useless 6x7cm format instead of 6x4.5, 6x6 or 6x9. Squat format die!!

But realistically, why bother with a modern Fuji, if you can take another vintage folding orphan home?

I agree about the format. A high quality 6X9 folder would be much more interesting to me than 6X7. At this point I already have a Mamiya 7 system that is quite compact so a 6X7 folder does not turn me on at all. On the other hand, 6X9 in a modern folder would do it for me.

Sandy King

6x7 I'd be happy with - the rectangle format is nice for portraits.....

I still want to find a 645 or 67 rangefinder that already exists, that is available, reliable and affordable. fixed lens would be fine.

the fuji would fit nicely in my bag next to my chamonix.