Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT:new Fuji MF camera

OT:new Fuji MF camera

does anyone know anything about the new MF camera Fuji is supposed to be bringing out? PMA?
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Re: OT:new Fuji MF camera

Just rumors at this point. It's a prototype camera, supposed to be presented at a "special" event - whatever that is.

From Fuji's press release:

"Medium-Format Film Camera

In a special exhibit, Fujifilm will feature a prototype of a new portable medium-format film camera. Even as the company innovates in digital imaging technology, Fujifilm remains true to its heritage and to the acknowledged superior image quality delivered by professional photographic film products. Fujifilm is committed to further expanding the world of imaging whether in digital or analog technologies."

I wonder; should we offer congratulations or condolences to the Fuji marketing team! But I'll surely offer my congratulations to Fuji engineering team if this is true.

Nate Potter

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Potter View Post
    I wonder; should we offer congratulations or condolences to the Fuji marketing team! But I'll surely offer my congratulations to Fuji engineering team if this is true.

Nate Potter
    Fuji has done very much over the years to win my loyalty. It would be a real surprise to see them make a mistake on this one. My reasoning is that they have repeatedly hit home runs in the medium format market with very little ballyhoo. So, for them to leak or pre-announce a new product makes me hopeful we will see a great new product.

Why wouldn't it be an uncrippled Hasselblad H3 type Camera?

Any speculation about the format? Is it going to be another 645 point and shoot?

I'd like to see multi format (6x6, 6x7,6x9, 6x12, 6x17) capabilty in one body. hmmmm. Trouble is, would make my GSW690 a bit redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Why wouldn't it be an uncrippled Hasselblad H3 type Camera?
    You mean a film version... :-)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Quote Originally Posted by Nigels View Post
    I'd like to see multi format (6x6, 6x7,6x9, 6x12, 6x17) capabilty in one body. hmmmm. Trouble is, would make my GSW690 a bit redundant.
    Here ya' go! Hang onto your wallet...

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c...t_detail&p=565

On YouTube there is a video on the Gilde, showing all the set-ups and movements . . . absolutely amazing. Other than the price, it might be the only camera constantly requiring a manual to operate it . . . truly complex, though the video makes it look simple.

I would imagine Fujifilm noticed the last sales of rangefinder cameras, and then saw the used prices spike a bit. Perhaps that is why they see a small market for a newer design. Their agreement with Hasselblad only allows them to sell their version of the H1, H2, H3 in Japan, so no way it would be that. They also still sell a GX680 in Japan, but I don't think anyone considers that portable.

If I were to guess, I would think another rangefinder. Perhaps they might make one without a fixed lens. To avoid competing with Mamiya, it might be a 645 design. Anyway, that's enough speculation until we actually see something.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography