Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT:new Fuji MF camera

Re: OT:new Fuji MF camera

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post
    Also, flip out curtains to shoot 6x6cm would be perfect. I can't believe they've gone for a squat useless 6x7cm format instead of 6x4.5, 6x6 or 6x9. Squat format die!!
    Am I alone in liking the 6x7 format? I used to backpack with an RZ system, but gave it up when I discovered I could fit a compact 4x5 field camera and lenses into almost the same space. I'd love to get that format back in a smaller form factor.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I agree about the format. A high quality 6X9 folder would be much more interesting to me than 6X7. At this point I already have a Mamiya 7 system that is quite compact so a 6X7 folder does not turn me on at all. On the other hand, 6X9 in a modern folder would do it for me.
    Yup. 6x7 is very little better than 6x6. I just "see" more rectangularly than that. If they want me to buy it I've got to have at least 6x8 if not 6x9.

Bruce Watson

Nice to see a new folder being produced. If I didn't have a Mamiya 7 I would likely go for it.

This is a link to some older folders:

http://www.certo6.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by bsimison View Post
    Am I alone in liking the 6x7 format? I used to backpack with an RZ system, but gave it up when I discovered I could fit a compact 4x5 field camera and lenses into almost the same space. I'd love to get that format back in a smaller form factor.
    Nope......Brett - a lot of people like the 6x7cm format

I just happen to hate it

It might be unique as a folding 6x7cm though. There are plenty of folding 6x6cm and 6x9cm folders around, but 6x7cm?

Still, a 6x6cm Fuji folder would never ever need to be turned awkwardly side-ways to get a vertical shot. A 6x9cm folder with inside curtains to mask down to 6x6cm would be a superb idea too. 12 exposures rather than a measly 10 exposures per roll....

The best folder lookalike to this is probably the Konica Pearl IV? Wow - this Fuji is going to be cheaper than that icon too. Just look at that bellows strut support system too. Trust Fuji to be different and create it on the right side....

Btw - they've made a snazzy range of 35mm pop cameras which wouldn't have looked out of place in Konica's catalogues 10-20 years ago. Shame these were never marketed much outside of Japan.

Re: The newly proposed Fuji GF670

The camera currently being shown at PMA 2008

The chrome version looks great!!

What is that huge bulge on the back of the black camera?
    That is seriously ugly!

That bulge is the front cover.

A new 6x9 folder would have been nice, but this is tempting enough. I quite like 6x7. Meanwhile, here's my 6x9 folder. The front cell has to come of to get it to fold.

Best,
    Helen

I always have a couple of folders in the bag. Super Isolette & Iskra for 6x6, and Super Ikonta & Moskva for 6x9. You can have them loaded with different film and pick the one you fancy for the day, along with the 'serious' LF kit...
    Or even sometime, /they/ are the 'serious kit' when the other camera is a DSLR...

I think that fujifilm is a fantastic idea; 6x7 with a mask for 6x6 with a meter and even --luxury-- aperture priority would be the ideal of portability/film surface. Heck, there even seems to have bright lines, and possibly parallax correction ? Chrismas !

(some of my collection. I own 3 Iskras, 2 Moskva 5 and 2 Super Ikontas)

I've owned a few, and this one has been the keeper, at least until I get my Fuji 6x7 folder.