Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howdy from the Lone Star State

Re: Howdy from the Lone Star State

Howdy, Pard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Darren,

does the Fuji Acros render snow well? Not that it really matters to me, since we never get much snow here other than on television.

Fuji Acros is such a great film. If it was available in whole plate, I'd snap it up and betray my loyalties to Ilford FP4+ in an instant. Whereas I love FP4+ in whole plate, I'm less happy about it in smaller formats. Fuji Acros is just superb in 35mm Leica format all the way up to half-plate stuff.

With the kind of material you've written in your blog with the photos, I think you should really re-work it into a magazine article and get it published...you know...push the quality of the reading material up a bit, rather than getting all of that overfiltered sunset stuff that they do.

Bump bump for Darren's blog for all the illiterati out there

Big Bend

Welcome Darren,
    I'm yer neighbor to the south, down in San Antone.

Forks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post
    Darren,

does the Fuji Acros render snow well? Not that it really matters to me, since we never get much snow here other than on television.

Fuji Acros is such a great film. If it was available in whole plate, I'd snap it up and betray my loyalties to Ilford FP4+ in an instant. Whereas I love FP4+ in whole plate, I'm less happy about it in smaller formats. Fuji Acros is just superb in 35mm Leica format all the way up to half-plate stuff.

With the kind of material you've written in your blog with the photos, I think you should really re-work it into a magazine article and get it published...you know...push the quality of the reading material up a bit, rather than getting all of that overfiltered sunset stuff that they do.

Bump bump for Darren's blog for all the illiterati out there

I do not know about Acros and snow. the few sheets I use of it (maybe 12 per year) are always in the desert.

Thanks for the kind comments on the blog. I do it for fun but maybe it will gather a following that could lead to an article sometime. I don't know where that road will lead and I am sure enjoying the journey.
    My Arca-Swiss Camera Blog- The Large Format Camera Blog

My website-WildernessPhotographer