Thread: Large Format at PMA 08

www.reallybigcameras.com

Large Format at PMA 08

I'm considering attending PMA 08 in Las Vegas 1/31/08 - 2/1/08. However, after looking at the very long list of exhibitors, it seems there will be very few manufacturers of large format equipment and materials present at the show.

Yes, Schneider will have some booth space at the German Pavilion and Freestyle looks like they will have a fairly large presence, but other than that I don't see any of the names I'm familiar with from the large format market. From the list of exhibitors it appears most are suppliers of products for the consumer digital market, framing and album manufacturers, companies I've never heard of, etc.

At the last five large format conferences, attendance at the trade show by large format manufacturers and suppliers has been excellent. So, even though the large format conference is much smaller than PMA, large format suppliers seem to be much better represented - and if anything, that should grow at this year's Foto3 conference. I'll definitely be attending Foto3 and am looking forward to it. But that's over 5 months away, and in the mean time...

If my goal is to see new products that will appeal to large format shooters and make contact with the manufacturers of those products, is it worth the cost and effort to attend the show. I'd appreciate input from anyone who has attended past PMA shows.

Is anyone else from this forum planning to attend PMA 08? If you are, what is it that you hope to see at the show that made you want to attend?

Thanks,
    Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Re: Large Format at PMA 08

Guess you missed us. We have 4 booths at PMA and we are the Linhof, Wista and Rodenstock distributor.

We will officially announce the limited edition Technika 3000 120th Linhof anniversary model with Ferrari red letaher finish.

But then it is a long list of exhibitors.

Bob

I will be there on Thursday

steve simmons

Steve,Look forward to it. Will you be at Sneak Peek?

I will be there on Thursday.

steve