Thread: AGFA Scala printing preferences. Opinions Please

AGFA Scala printing preferences. Opinions Please

My local options for printing have drastically been reduced, since one of the tw o photo labs in my area went out of business. Unfortunately (but typical)the la b that closed catered more to the fine art photographers, rather than the commer cial and advertising sector. This has resulted in my having far less options for photographic materials and processing methods. I must now turn to mail order p hoto labs to have my printing done. I can't even get a Ilfochrome or Cibachrome print done locally, a sad state indeed. My question is this, I have some Scala 6 x7 transparencies that I wish to have printed to either 16x20 or 20x24 inch size . Can anyone recommend a quality mail order photo finisher that can produce hig h quality prints from Scala transparencies, I'd rather deal with a lab that has a good amount of experience printing high quality images from black and white po sitives. Any first hand experience and or recommendations for a high quality la b would be appreciated, thanks.

AGFA Scala printing preferences. Opinions Please

Scala scans well. You might consider obtaining prints from Scala via a quality scan and digital printing. Several years ago I had some Illfochome prints from Scala made. It's pretty difficult to keep a slight color cast from being introduced by this process. I'd bet the digital route will give better results. Other posts have talked about good labs for scanning and digital printing.