Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Ritter 8x10

Richard Ritter 8x10

I spoke to Richard yesterday (Jan 23rd) and he says things are progressing nicely.

Now, for the self-serving part of this post.

He has four committed orders. If he has ten by Feb 15, we ten will get a bigger discount because he has economies in his production run.

John Bowen and I need at least six more of you to ante up quickly with deposits. Who knows what would happen if a hundred of you did!

That's why Richard has been mum on the amount of the discount - it will vary with the number of orders.

Richard even darkly hinted that he may need to raise the price after Feb. 15 if the initial order quantity is small. Don't procrastinate if you're interested in a finely-made, American-crafted camera with an innovative design and light weight.

I'm ordering the 4x5 and 5x7 backs, too. It will all replace my existing Sinar and Wista with MUCH less weight and bulk.

So this time, my financial interest has to do with the size of the check I write Richard. With your help, it will be smaller for all of us, and Richard will be well-launched into the camera business (deservedly so).
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Re: Richard Ritter 8x10

Pictures and discounted pricing? PM me. Thanks.

LJ Segil

Potentially interested, would like to see any available information.
    Thanks,
    Larry

Likewise.

Larry and Mick,

You can reach Richard at 1-802-365-7807 or info@lg4mat.net. His website is www.lg4mat.net

Richard does not have any photographs of this camera on his web page, only technical specifications. I am assuming it will look like, and have the same design elements as his ULF cameras? I think if he could put up some photographs of his prototype it would help sell more.

It would definitely be nice to at least see some good photos of the existing cameras on his site. Some detailed shots of the controls would be nice. I think people considering dropping $3K on a camera might want some additional details and good photos.

So what is the current price without the discount?

Quote Originally Posted by Gene McCluney View Post
    Richard does not have any photographs of this camera on his web page, only technical specifications. I am assuming it will look like, and have the same design elements as his ULF cameras? I think if he could put up some photographs of his prototype it would help sell more.
    Gene,

Bruce Barlow had a small photo of Richard's rail design in the "Old Man's Camera" thread. Yes, it will look like the ULF cameras, only the carbon fiber tubing used for the rail system will be less robust since it won't have to support a monster back (like Sandy King's 20x24).

I own one of Richard's 7x17 cameras and just couldn't imagine a more versatile ULF camera. Oh yeah, and my 7x17 weighs less than my Zone VI 8x10. I'm sure Richard has been out testing his prototype camea with gloves on during the New England winter months. It's nice to be able to use a camera that was designed for use during cold weather. The oversized knobs, etc. really help. Of course those features also make it more pleasant to work with in warm weather.

If you check Richard's website, the price of the camera is $2947 (for the 8x10). After watching the DVD manul that Richard and Bruce have done (I really recommend it) you will have a really good idea of how the cameras look and function (did I mention these cameras have more movements than most of us will ever use).

The discount sounds pretty interesting, but the cost of a back+bellows to change formats is of more interest - guess I need to give Richard a call.
    Mike Castles
    My Web Site
    Rambles