Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: A Cardboard Box Arrived from China! Chamonix 8x10!

Re: A Cardboard Box Arrived from China! Chamonix 8x10!

Quote Originally Posted by bardamu View Post
    Yes I do have the one with 5.6 widest aperture, like this

pic shows the side that goes into the back of the front standard, just like the sinar lensboard it is a square of approximately 139x139mm and it has an inner relief of appr. 127x127mm (I guess this is the light trap).

basically if you can mount a sinar lensboard into the back of the front standard of your Cham, it will be possible to mount the sinar shutter also. you can easily try this.
    the other side of the shutter is made to accept the end of the bellows.
    can you provide pictures of the back of the front standard with bellows detached and a measure of the end of the bellows?
    thank you
    I'll post pics shortly!

Asher

Mike,

The weight of each of my Chamonix Canadian White Maple 8x10 film holders is 1lb 2.75 oz. This is slightly more than my one other 8x10 holder which is 1lb 1/8 oz.

The film holders are beautifully made and the insert appears to be Carbon Fiber.

Asher

Thumbs up Re: A Cardboard Box Arrived from China! Chamonix 8x10!

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    Mike,

The weight of each of my Chamonix Canadian White Maple 8x10 film holders is 1lb 2.75 oz. This is slightly more than my one other 8x10 holder which is 1lb 1/8 oz.

The film holders are beautifully made and the insert appears to be Carbon Fiber.

Asher

Asher,

Have you ever had AWB/S&S/etc. holders and can say how these are by comparison? I'm curious how these more "exotic" holders are by comparison to a regular Fidelity and why one would pay more to have them over the Fidelity (aesthetics aside)?

Thanks Asher and this is one smoking camera. I have some bellows on the way and will be having a custom built cam for my Arca with the bellows and a Lotus like Cherry wood rear standard. Chamonix, Hugo, and everyone working this operation have brought us class act people and products. Cannot say enough!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by audioexcels View Post
    Asher,

Have you ever had AWB/S&S/etc. holders and can say how these are by comparison? I'm curious how these more "exotic" holders are by comparison to a regular Fidelity and why one would pay more to have them over the Fidelity (aesthetics aside)?

Thanks Asher and this is one smoking camera. I have some bellows on the way and will be having a custom built cam for my Arca with the bellows and a Lotus like Cherry wood rear standard. Chamonix, Hugo, and everyone working this operation have brought us class act people and products. Cannot say enough!
    I love the idea of your transgender Arca-Ritter?-Cham-cam! could we have the actual blood lines? How did this project evolve?

Re: Chamonix 8x10 filmholders: I can only compare it with my many 10-30 year old 4x5 film holders, Graphlex, Graphlex-Riteway, Lisco. The new Chamonix 8x10 carbon fiber mask, as expected slides in and out much more smoothly. There is less loose space. I don't know that one would get film flatter than in the older holders, but it could well be so. Nuances in fit might be more critical with larger film. The design of the old film holders is so near perfect, that unless one had a vacuum back, I doubt one could show a difference with 4x5. With the larger film, the tigtness of how the film is held might decrease any curve or bowing. The old 8x10 wooden film holder slides into the 8x10 Chamonix back perfectly. Is there any difference? I have no film to waste testing that! Certainly, the new holders are handsome. If I had enough good 8x10 holders then this purchase can be held off. New ones probably are not necessary. If I was going to buy new holders, getting these is a treat!

That's the best I can offer at the moment!

Asher

BTW, what lenses do you have for 8x10 especially in the 120 top 180mm range? Also how many film holders would you take on a shoot? My plan is just 5, just 10 shots! What do you think?