Page 416 of 756 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 7555

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Larsen View Post
    Gloomy day in yellowstone. 8x10 fp4 printed on mg classic, lightly sulphide toned. Attachment 121446
    Wow that's brilliant!!

Finally got the spacers to fit my red 29 filter in the filter bracket. Not sure if I'm a fan of the insane contrast or I need to use a different developing technique to keep the contrast in check..?

This was R09 at 1:50 for 10 mins on foma 200 8x10.

Also getting pissy at the scratching of the negs making me have to do annoying crops. Had some nicer foreground/sky composition in this one which I had to get rid of but oh well

(sorry for anyone that's read that same post elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGard View Post
    Finally got the spacers to fit my red 29 filter in the filter bracket. Not sure if I'm a fan of the insane contrast or I need to use a different developing technique to keep the contrast in check..?

Also getting pissy at the scratching of the negs making me have to do annoying crops. Had some nicer foreground/sky composition in this one which I had to get rid of but oh well

Really nice. The first one reminds me of a scene from the Grapes of Wrath movie. I like the contrast. It gives a certain feel...unless you don't want that kind of a feel.
    I'm armed with a Wisner 4x5 Technical Field and a lot of hope. I got this. Oh, and my name's Andrew.

I do like the contrast but was perhaps hoping for more detail in the shadows but again probably wishful thinking with a filn like fomapan. What kind of development would I look to use to help bring out more details? Using R09...?

Holy crap!!! That first image is Incredible! I'm a fan of insane contrast so...

I do like the contrast but was perhaps hoping for more detail in the shadows but again probably wishful thinking with a filn like fomapan. What kind of development would I look to use to help bring out more details? Using R09...?
    Shoot FOMA AT LEAST 1 stop below it's rating, maybe even two... So try exposing at EI 80 and pull it. FOMA's already super contrasty but I love it's "classic grain" look.

Yeah I don't mind grain, I don't think I can find EI80 for foma 200 on the massive dev chart app... will have a look. I have never rated/shot any film over or above box speed though. Not too sure how I feel about stand developing 8x10's in the 2550 tank with the CL81 film reel, though. The film doesn't sit "flat" in the reel and has a tendency to get quite bent whilst it's in there so I'm sure some pretty gnarly uneven development would show up this way.

post your trees!

Yeah I don't mind grain, I don't think I can find EI80 for foma 200 on the massive dev chart app... will have a look. I have never rated/shot any film over or above box speed though. Not too sure how I feel about stand developing 8x10's in the 2550 tank with the CL81 film reel, though. The film doesn't sit "flat" in the reel and has a tendency to get quite bent whilst it's in there so I'm sure some pretty gnarly uneven development would show up this way.
    I would try 6:30 in Rodinal1:50 if you're shooting EI 100 or EI 80 as a starting time based on the other listed times in the massive dev chart, assuming you're using a rotary processor.

I still think the 3005 is worth the investment and the CL810 insert is penny wise lb foolish. But it's better than nothing.

Yeah the CL81 seems to be giving me a lot of problems especially with scratching the negs which is really frustrating. I'm not sure a 3005 will fit in my jobo machine (CPE2)

post your trees!

Yeah the CL81 seems to be giving me a lot of problems especially with scratching the negs which is really frustrating. I'm not sure a 3005 will fit in my jobo machine (CPE2)
    No it won't...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410157125.441180.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	121454

That's what I do...

Someday a CPP2 or ATL will be mine...

PS I have a CPE ORIGINAL! It's just silly old!

But it makes this happen ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410157292.493800.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	121455