Page 407 of 755 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 7547

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Truckenbrod View Post
    Beautiful tones and light, Austin. What film size did you use?
    Thanks Joel. This is roughly the bottom half of a 5x7 negative. I actually made the picture a few years ago but never pursued it as something just seemed "off" about it. Anyway, I was going through my old contact sheets last night (I've been having a hard time getting out of the house lately) and landed on this image. I studied it for awhile, trying to figure out just what I liked about the scene in the first place, and I decided it was the horizontal sweep of the logs and more, that one little sapling growing out of the nurse log. So I decided to par it down to the essentials to see what would happen and I liked it enough to follow it through. Oh, the film was FP4, rated at 125 and developed normally. The day was really overcast, so much so that I couldn't even see the mountain which is very close to here. I wish Mount St. Helens wasn't such a long drive; the landscape is incredible there. Thanks again. I hope all is well with your own work.

Flickr 上 多啦73106

Horseman FA45 WISTA back 6*9. RODENSTOCK 100mm/f5.6.

The best way to get better at photographing trees is to take photographs of trees. However, getting creative with your composition, angle, and the aspect of the tree that you wish to focus on can help you to discover new ways to produce artistic or powerful photographs of trees. Pick a tree, any tree, and try photographing it in as many ways and from as many angles as possible. Focus on the leaves, the bark, the stems, the roots if they are visible, the fruit or flowers, or the bare branches, depending on season.Compare the bark on the trunk to the bark on smaller branches, or the leaves low on the tree to the leaves higher to the top (if you have a way of getting close enough to photograph them).

Sometimes (often?) I make a photograph just because I want to get the camera out and do something. I'm not sure whether I even like this image or not, but the urge to "put it out there" got the better of me. I really wanted to isolate the tree, but couldn't find a vantage point that wouldn't have the blending with other trees in the top background. Higher up, and a longer lens than my 210 might have done it, but that's my longest lens. Anyway, here is my "lonely tree:"

img149 by Pete Lewin, on Flickr

HP5+, PMK, Schneider Symmar-S 210, scanned negative

This tree caught my attention - it looks to me like the dead limb on the tree is reaching out to the one on the ground. I've made four images of it on two different days, and this one seems to be the most successful so far.

Lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    This tree caught my attention - it looks to me like the dead limb on the tree is reaching out to the one on the ground. I've made four images of it on two different days, and this one seems to be the most successful so far.

Very beautiful indeed!

I saw a tree too yesterday. It had a shadow and some fluffy clouds to keep it company.

Xenar 135/4.7, Fomapan 100 in Rodinal 1+100, Epson 4990 scan

Here is a little one..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img143.jpg  

I've lurked here long enough without uploading a single photo, or making a single post for that matter...

Cape Cod / 5x7 HP5 - 150 Symmar

Very nice, lovely tones and composition. Post anytime