Page 234 of 755 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 7543

Thread: post your trees!

Bob

Re: post your trees!

from a horse pack trip into the area near Grand Tetons park
    Wisner expedition Provia

Quote Originally Posted by John Brady View Post

As promised here is one more with the 90xl on my Ebony slw810. I did this with a circular polarizer and Velvia 50. using the polarizer was a real bitch because it bands the sky on such a wide angle lens. I use the lee 95mm adapter which attaches to the barrel instead of threading on keeping the filter from causing additional vignetting.

f32 1 sec

I was so close to this weathered old tree I could almost touch it from behind the camera.
    wow---I've been experimenting myself of late to see which of my lenses cover larger than intended formats up close and have some "new perspectives" on things...that 90xl man...whatta lens f32 and you get all that real estate---excellent effort here--lots of people wouldn't even try it because "you're not supposed to do that".....

what's the furthest you can get? like 10' or something like that? or farther?

last month I found out my 250 fuji will do 11x14 from like 10' and closer....super wide bonus just for trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    wow---I've been experimenting myself of late to see which of my lenses cover larger than intended formats up close and have some "new perspectives" on things...that 90xl man...whatta lens f32 and you get all that real estate---excellent effort here--lots of people wouldn't even try it because "you're not supposed to do that".....

what's the furthest you can get? like 10' or something like that? or farther?

last month I found out my 250 fuji will do 11x14 from like 10' and closer....super wide bonus just for trying it out.
    I dont think there is any limit to how far you can get from the subject but being this wide things get tin quick. I usually stop down to f32 and focus at about 10-15 ft. that gets pretty much everything in focus.

wait---do you mean to say that lens covers at INFINITY??? man are them specs WAY under rated...I gotta get me one if that's the case...that's an angle of 122 degrees!!!!!!!!! so the 115 is VERY conservative....

dude---can you verify that you can get full 810 coverage at infinity?

wiat--scratch that (edit)

just searched and found your statemetn that it covers corners at infinity stopped down....OK then that about settles it maybe get a walker titan for that thing....

do you use the center filter then?---suggested to get one with the lens?

Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    wait---do you mean to say that lens covers at INFINITY??? man are them specs WAY under rated...I gotta get me one if that's the case...that's an angle of 122 degrees!!!!!!!!! so the 115 is VERY conservative....

dude---can you verify that you can get full 810 coverage at infinity?

wiat--scratch that (edit)

just searched and found your statemetn that it covers corners at infinity stopped down....OK then that about settles it maybe get a walker titan for that thing....

do you use the center filter then?---suggested to get one with the lens?
    The 90xl is a real pain in the ass to use, as I mentioned before it just scratches the corners and that's if everything is centered. Very heavy fall off if you don't use the center filter, and even then you have to crop in a little to clean things up. But, after all it's 8x10 so unless you're making contact prints and need the entire sheet no big deal.

This is the widest lens I have found for 8x10, the super symar 110 isn't supposed to cover either but a lot of people use it for 8x10. My favorite wide 810 lens is the nikor 120 sw. That's the one that lives on my camera most of the time. Much easier to use and still very wide.

I have recently gone back to shooting more 4x5 in search of the wide limits. The 47super angulon xl has 120 degree angle of view, I picked up a Cambo Wide with a 47 on it so it is essentially my super wide point and shoot.

My friend Clyde Butcher has a 38xl mounted on a home made point and shoot that has some pretty crazy results. I know the 38 isnt supposed to cover 4x5 but there you go.

One more awesome wide tool I had for a while was a chamonix 5x8 that I mounted my 72xl on. Long story but I don't have it any more.

All post some from each soon.

ahhhhh.....well...you know...I've been looking at the super symmars but they SAY they're no good up close....what I really really want is da SUPRAWIDE...for 11x14...the super symmar sez only to 1/3 life size...no good....man....for real perspecive you gotta get closer---particularly with the wides....well...looks like a WTB for me....builds me the 11x14 superwide with the super angulon......

unless theres something better...aside from hypergon that is....

WAIT...there's that 213 repromaster I have...that kind of works at infinity....up close ok..THERE YOU GO....ain't as WIDE as the 90 though...man if they made like a 150xl super angulon...THAT would be da bomb......still gotta get me that 90xl though....I think it could work very well....but the light required.....but then...38 on 4x5....nice and hand-held...almost focus free particulalry at the small aperture...

does the 38 dude use focusing or just infinity and stop the hell down?
    Last edited by johnielvis; 11-Jan-2012 at 06:59. Reason: bluh

4x5 by chrishayton, on Flickr

Portrait or tree? not too sure.
    180/5.6 Schneider wide open

Chris, that looks nice. Good tones, focusing choices, and pose! I'd either crop it to eliminate the shelter in the background (seems to work well as a square image!), or if you go back to the park, keep shooting more. Put the shelter behind the tree (which would keep the trail producing a line in the composition) or take a few steps to the left and pan right and have the shelter beyond the left frame.

John Brady: I am in awe of your work both here and on your web page. I love the Everglades and your work does them justice. There is a very well developed sense of space in all of the photos. Very, very nice.

deardorff 810
    300 Fujinon
    HP5+ @ 200
    rollo pyro 1:2:50 10.5 min

121 BW 810 8.jpg by urbanlandcruiser, on Flickr
    david

deardorff 810
    360 commercial
    HP5+ @ 200
    rollo pyro 1:2:50 10.5 min

121 BW 810 9.jpg by urbanlandcruiser, on Flickr