Page 111 of 755 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 7541

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Dear Monsta,

There is always something magical about FP4 and Perceptol...

Nicely done.

jim k

it is a very special combination, cheers for the replies. won't be shooting much in the near future as i've just broken my dam foot!

Great images everyone...

An image from an October in the past, and an image I revisited.

jim k

Golden Poplar, Rogers Pass, Glacier National Park, British Columbia, Canada, 1987

Dear Group,

Well, I really did not know where to post this, but a tree is a tree, whether it is dead or alive...

It happens to be an image that I thought I should just capture, for the sake of having an image that shows an interesting feature, within the park.

Anyway, as you hike or travel through one of our provincial parks, such as Kananaskis Provincial Park, you cannot help notice that several outcrops of sedimentary rock exist along your journey, and each outcrop may, or may not illustrate a distinct character set. I came upon this interesting formation during an early summer outing, while looking for an image along the base of the Opal Range, and I was surprised to see that I might be looking at a fossilized tree's cross section that stood within an ancient forest floor and, or a quiet inland open marsh bed. I mention the marsh bed, because a large exposed rock face immediately adjacent to this location illustrates a large fossilized pond bottom, complete with minor wave formed silt layers, created in a calm shallow pool. The Opal Range is a massive range of sedimentary rock that shares the same incline as this small example, and in the evening the Opal Range can generate some phenomenal image opportunities, but I mark this area as off limits for myself and my son during the evening, because Grizzly Bears tend to frequent the range's high mountain passes during that time of the day.

For those of you that may be geologically interested, the face of this incline, as measured from the camera location, rests about ninety-five degrees away from the camera's horizontal, therefore allowing me the opportunity to see the fossilized tree stump, and its smaller companion. As you can see, the shale bed surrounding the ancient tree fossil, is slowly deteriorating, and collecting at the bottom of the wall's face. The shale's layer depth, within the left hand side of the image, is approximately 1.5m deep.

Quite an interesting find for me...

jim k

Ancient Forest Floor, Kananaskis Provincial Park, Alberta, Canada, 2009

I've always enjoyed Daniel Lin's tree images here, and I have attached a couple recent attempts to emulate his "feel" in this type of image. They were shot at the local river through town here in K Falls, OR.

Monsta, is that a POP print? If no what paper and toning. I really miss POP.

straight print slop scan celor F5

Great Images everyone.
    Took this shot yesterday while on a drive around the Stirling Circut Road,
    Snow Gum. Mt. Stirling Alpine N.P. Victoria OZ.
    Tachi 4x5, Topcor 90mm 8 @ f32.
    Cheers Brian

Brian, I like the dreamy mood of your picture. Viewing it on this digital screen thingy I couldn't help to think how much better a print would look, with real deep blacks.

hiya Pbrooks

it is just a scan of a neg with a colour curve added. i have done a lith print of it which has similar colours. have never tried pop.

cheers

john