Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saguaro Tetraptych 26x34 pt/pd

Saguaro Tetraptych 26x34 pt/pd

I made something I知 fairly proud of. Thought you guys might like it. It was quite challenging, technically. As an aside, if anybody has any ideas about how to mount/frame this monster, I知 all ears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Saguaro Tetraptych 26x34 pt/pd

A Seal 500T would do it, but they don't grow on trees. To avoid the inevitable seams, is a single 34" print out of the question?

I would emphasize that they are separate shots by framing them separately, without matboard, in four frames with a very thin lip (Nielsen Profle 34, https://www.webpictureframes.com/cat...al-frames.html) and then hang them as tightly together as possible on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    A Seal 500T would do it, but they don't grow on trees. To avoid the inevitable seams, is a single 34" print out of the question?
    Yeah, a single print is probably technically impossible for me. I壇 like to float mount them together, to emphasize the process and materials, but I知 not sure I壇 get them all hinge mounted securely, squarely, etc. I may end up having to just frame them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    I would emphasize that they are separate shots by framing them separately, without matboard, in four frames with a very thin lip (Nielsen Profle 34, https://www.webpictureframes.com/cat...al-frames.html) and then hang them as tightly together as possible on the wall.
    I was resisting this option, but these super thin frames might have me sold!

That is indeed something to be proud of. Very nice result.

You don't have a woodworker among your family and friends?
    I would probably glue them individually to a solid surface and make a frame for the four pieces with small glazing bars in between them and just mount them like you would glass panels in window or door.
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

hmmm...you could cut and dry-mount each image separately onto two-ply archival board, and trim matted prints to the image edges, then affix these with ATG (the "permanent" kind which won't shift) to an underlayment (four ply) sized to give comfortable (four to five inch) borders around the outsides of the images, with the overall size of this underlayment dictated by the actual spacing of the individual prints, the borders of which will be covered by a "quad-cut" window mat (either four or eight ply) for the top mat. Then proceed with framing and glazing, and for this overall size I'd recommend you consider going to something like Gatorboard (3/16th should do it, but 1/2 if framing will accomodate) instead of foam core for the backing board...with the Gatorboard being a much sturdier option.

Quote Originally Posted by kentcorbin View Post
    I made something I’m fairly proud of. Thought you guys might like it. It was quite challenging, technically. As an aside, if anybody has any ideas about how to mount/frame this monster, I’m all ears!

I have no idea about how to mount it.
    - but -
    It is one heck of a set of prints.
    Well done.
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    I use those frames (from webpictureframes), and frame everything with no mat or glass, as well. I think that frame has a nice, elegant look,without being overbearing. So I second that idea!

Edit: I like John and JeRuFo's ideas as well...

I also do not like glass

I do like print on metal
    Tin Can