Page 562 of 756 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562563564572612662 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 7555

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

It was foggy all day up on top of Fort Mountain near Ellijay, GA. Shot a few sheets around looking for compositions in the fog.

Here's one I shot with my 58mm XL:

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    Great composition, lines, textures and contrast.
    Love the lines contrast and composition as well..................just a shame that the tree is not sharp.

neil
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post

Wanderlust Travelwide pinhole at 110mm focal length. Shanghai GP3 in Pyrocat M.
    Nice shot ,i too was initially concerned that the tree wasn't sharp as well but the more i looked at it the less it bothered me , adds to the overall dreamy affect to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    It was foggy all day up on top of Fort Mountain near Ellijay, GA. Shot a few sheets around looking for compositions in the fog.

Here's one I shot with my 58mm XL:

Love these misty mornings , A few months ago now i woke up nice and early to a thick fog , Grabbed the trusty Chamonix and some double darks and headed to place i knew there would be some good shots a few kilometres away only to find it crystal clear

Thanks Gary. In south GA fog wasn't very common and didn't hand around for long. Now up in the mountains things are a bit different! At this location it wasn't fog so much as literally clouds up on top of the mountain, which was pretty cool. It stuck around all day - saw it in the morning when I passed going elsewhere, and then when I was coming back it was still a white-out so I had to stop and shoot a half-dozen sheets.

After scanning the rest this one is my favorite from the afternoon and I will probably print this to 16x20:

Thanks Gary. In south GA fog wasn't very common and didn't hand around for long. Now up in the mountains things are a bit different! At this location it wasn't fog so much as literally clouds up on top of the mountain, which was pretty cool. It stuck around all day - saw it in the morning when I passed going elsewhere, and then when I was coming back it was still a white-out so I had to stop and shoot a half-dozen sheets.

After scanning the rest this one is my favorite from the afternoon and I will probably print this to 16x20:

This is great. The vertical in the middle is bold and centers my eye before it wanders the composition. The fog works well (I'm used to it) here for creating depth and separating the trees from an otherwise tonally similar background. And rocks and leave are always interesting too.

Thanks jp, and thanks for mentioning the vertical tree in the middle. That bugged me when I was there as I was looking around for the best angle. I went with it there and now it is kinda growing on me. I loved the giant granite rocks stacked up in the background.

I agree this one i prefer the composition , I would print this one as well great work. Cheers Gary

Last light, deep woods.
    Chamonix 45n1, 72mm XL, Efke PL25, Pyrocat:

Last light, deep woods.
    Chamonix 45n1, 72mm XL, Efke PL25, Pyrocat:

Perfect lighting and the Pyrocat is helping with edge separation. This and the other dark image you posted remind me of the Charlie Daniel's song Wooly Swamp.

on certain nights if the moon is right
    And you're down by the dark footpath
    You can hear three young men screaming
    And you can hear that old man laugh.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography