Thread: Article on Platinum / Palladium Printing...

vickersdc

Article on Platinum / Palladium Printing...

This weeks (and next weeks come to think of it) article in the Creative Image Maker online magazine is all about platinum / palladium printing and has been written by Scott Davis, whom some of you may know from over on the APUG forum.

The article shows you all you need to know to get started with this form of printing and takes a look at the equipment and chemicals that you'll need, the preparation required and how to go about actually printing your first platinum / palladium print as well as some troubleshooting hints and tips.

I've decided to split the article up over two weeks - the first week, starting on the 22nd January, looks at the history of this method, the equipment needed and the preparation. Next week (29th January) picks up from where we left off and sets out to show you how to actually make your first print.

I hope you enjoy it, and a massive "Thank you" to Scott for all his efforts in putting together this article with it's step-by-step images to help you along the way.

The article can be found at http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk.

David Vickers.

Re: Article on Platinum / Palladium Printing...

Quote Originally Posted by vickersdc View Post
    This weeks (and next weeks come to think of it) article in the Creative Image Maker online magazine is all about platinum / palladium printing and has been written by Scott Davis, whom some of you may know from over on the APUG forum.

The article shows you all you need to know to get started with this form of printing and takes a look at the equipment and chemicals that you'll need, the preparation required and how to go about actually printing your first platinum / palladium print as well as some troubleshooting hints and tips.

I've decided to split the article up over two weeks - the first week, starting on the 22nd January, looks at the history of this method, the equipment needed and the preparation. Next week (29th January) picks up from where we left off and sets out to show you how to actually make your first print.

I hope you enjoy it, and a massive "Thank you" to Scott for all his efforts in putting together this article with it's step-by-step images to help you along the way.

The article can be found at http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk.

David Vickers.
    Congrats on your website. I like the fact that it's simply designed and well focussed. I'll bookmark it and I wish you lots of success!

Asher

vickersdc

Re: Article on Platinum / Palladium Printing...Part 2

Just a quick note to let you all know that the second part to Scott Davis's article on platinum / palladium printing is now available at http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk.

For those of you that managed to pop by and take a peek at Part One last week, you'll know that we've got as far as sorting out all the preparation. This week - we take it from exposing the print to the final image.

Cheers,
    David Vickers.

Excellent online magazine. I will bookmark and return frequently.
    Thanks for all the hard work. I especially enjoyed the article on pt/pd printing & processing.

Best of luck,
    david mcmahon

vickersdc

Hi David,

Thank you for the kind words - I'm glad that you enjoyed the article on pt/pd printing. Is this something that you've tried before, or something that you'd like to try I wonder?

Keep an eye out on the site - there's plenty more articles to come!

Cheers,
    David Vickers.
    -------------------------------
    Creative Image Maker - the new online magazine for traditional photographers can be seen at http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk