Thread: Richard Ritter's 8x10 Camera GREAT NEWS

Richard Ritter's 8x10 Camera GREAT NEWS

I was just checking Richard's site and discovered his Light Weight (7.5 lbs) 8x10 camera is now available. http://www.lg4mat.net/LFcamera.html According to the web page Richard is offering a discount for cameras ordered and deposits received prior to February 15th. The page goes on to say he will be delivering cameras in March.

Now I have to get off my butt and finalize my order with Richard.

Re: Richard Ritter's 8x10 Camera GREAT NEWS

what kind of discounts was he offering? i did not see that listed.

thanks
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Eddie,

I don't know how much the discount will be. See this page http://www.lg4mat.net/order.html just above the magenta type it states "Orders with deposits received before February 15 2008 will received a discount."

I won't hazard a guess here as to what the discount may be, but if you are serious about a purchase, call Richard. Just keep in mind that Richard is located in "God's Country" and if there is a lot of "Winter Weather" Richard has been known to have to go a week or so without phone or internet service. When working with Richard, you learn that it isn't because Richard chooses to be unresponsive, but rather that Mother Nature sometimes precludes his prompt responses to inquiries. I've found the phone works best...

Did you guys notice that there is also a listing for 11x14? Then there is that 7x11 back available for the 8x10 (even if it is not 7.5 lbs bet it is lighter than my Eastman 7x11).

I could be in real trouble here. Must wait, save pennies, dream then one day soon...
    Mike Castles
    My Web Site
    Rambles

Mike,

Richard has offered 11x14 and many other ULF sizes for over a year now. I own one of his 7x17 cameras and really enjoy using it. As a matter of fact, the photos in the above link of the guy using Richard's 7x17 in both horizontal and vertical orientations is yours truly. They were taken at a Fine Focus Fall Foliage Workshop in Sept, 06. That is when Richard delivered my camera to me.

For those of you that have an interest in shooting an odd format, Richard is the guy to deal with. He will custom make a back for any size you want. Just send him a film holder.

I checked the old Zone VI catalog, and the weight of my current 8x10 (a Zone VI) is 13.6 lbs, so switching to Richard's camera will lighten the load by 6 1bs :-) The great advantage of this weight loss, is that a lighter camera can utilize a lighter tripod head and lighter tripod. I'm 6'6" and my Zone VI lightweight tripod isn't tall enough for me. I've used a Zone VI Standard Tripod since acquiring an 8x10 field camera about 4 years ago. Since acquiring Richard's 7x17 camera, which weighs less than my 8x10, I've been able to acquire a Ries J-800 which is tall enough for me and a Ries J double tilt head. The Ries combination has to weigh at least 5-10 lbs less than the Zone VI Standard combination and is plenty tall enough. So between Richard's new camera and the Ries tripod, I'll be lightening the load by 10-15 lbs. My back is thanking me already :-)