Thread: LF and Alt Photo in metro DC

LF and Alt Photo in metro DC

Interested in a LF gathering in the DC area? Time and space is being made available at the new location of VisArts in Rockville, Maryland. The objective, so far, is to start up a regular gathering at that location, bring in photographers that typically offer non-local workshops, and start or revive interest in alt processes with demos and/or workshops. Suggestions for other activities or projects are welcome.

We are aiming for February 2008. Please email your comments/interests/concerns. Thanks in advance for your input.

--
    Carole Hollander
    Gum Bichromate, Cyanotype, Van Dyke

Re: LF and Alt Photo in metro DC

Hi Carole-- That sounds great. I've been working a little with artdc.org trying to put together a day or two of photo/alt photo workshops. I was planning on doing acrylic transfer and (eventually) bromoil and we have some folks with varied alt-photo experience. I also wanted to have some cool kid-friendly stuff including big blueprint photograms. Maybe we can collaborate.

Scott Davis

Re: LF and Alt Photo in metro DC

Carol- I'm definitely interested. Platinum/Palladium is my specialty. I'm very experienced, and I'd be happy to do demos or just a show-and-tell. I live in downtown DC.