Hi Forum,

Returning to (largeformat)photography after 2, 3 years of not taking up the camera. Due to change in life(style) I decided not to rebuild the darkroom but to go digital for postprocessing. So will be buying a scanner and printer soon.

I'm looking at a wideformat printer (17 or 24") and as these don't come cheap I hope that I can use such printer for several years.

A concern I have is: longer term availability of ink. As these printers are for the professional market, most will replace such a printer in 2 to 3 years and demand for ink would decline. So no need for a manufacturer to keep making ink for a certain model for years to come.

As I wrote I hope that I can stick to the printer for several years (at least 5 to 7 years) and it would be nice to have some kind of assurance that the printer will not become obsolete because of the fact that ink-cartridges are no longer beeing made 4 years from now.

Anyone ever have seen/heard/read/talked to what Epson/Canon/HP have to say on this subject?

Huib
Netherlands