Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wisner Mfg. Co. Status???

Re: New name for group... Wisners Wieners.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    OK, I was hoping to avoid the Ron bashing. I and you all know that he isn't the person we should do business with. His customer service lacks big time! But, I had thought that maybe we could raise above the bashing and leave Ron behind. Way behind!
    I truly like the camera and its craftsmanship. Everytime I pull it out I get more ooh and awes from the public. I spend time explaining the difference of this camera verses digital cameras. my 4x5 Tech is one of the better cameras I have worked with and I'm happy with it and not with the maker.
    Jorge shared his approach to conditioning the bellows. I shared how I had my flat spring repaired and I'm sure there's more out there?
    I like my camera and thought maybe other Wisner fans can share stories and ideas with me. I guess I was wrong.
    I don't think you were wrong, I understand some people might still harbour some resentment specially in the light that his cameras seem to be loosing value. I just saw on E bay the same camera I bought for 4K on sale for $2500 with TWO EWB holders!

but I think most of us have moved on, it just that pretty as they are they are still wooden cameras that require the same care as any other camera. Wisner cameras never achieved the status of a Deardorff and now that he is out of bussiness and given the lack of consistency in quality control I think you would have more success of starting a group for Wisner cameras and how to fix them in a woodworking forum than in a large format forum...

multiplex

Re: Wisner Mfg. Co. Status???

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Lajoie View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone out there ever (EVER) received one of these cameras which were being marketed in View Camera magazine?
    i would have thought if his slr had a focal plane shutter
    and didn't cost 10x the price of a graflex,
    that it would have sold like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i would have thought if his slr had a focal plane shutter
    and didn't cost 10x the price of a graflex,
    that it would have sold like hotcakes.
    Arca Swiss SLRs didn't sell like hotcakes, new or used, and used Mentor SLRs don't sell like hotcakes.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Arca Swiss SLRs didn't sell like hotcakes, new or used, and used Mentor SLRs don't sell like hotcakes.
    good point dan ...

I'll chime in here....
    I picket up a Wisner tradtional 8x10 from Jim at Midwest recently. Besides the usual warm fuzzy comments about Jim and his crew I am very fond of the camera. It's a move up from my trusted Kodak 2D.

As a woodworker I'm in love the construction of this thing and as an eager to learn/experiment creative person I couldn't ask for more. I should really give a shout out to Robert Hall for directing me to Midwest's used section. Robert is such an enabler bless his heart.

See, no bashing