Thread: Horseman 45LE Specifications

Horseman 45LE Specifications

Please, I need help!

I am new to lf cameras.

I am contemplating the purchase of a used LE.

I have read many reviews of the LE, but I have not been able to get the camera specifications.

The reviews are quite favorable! I am not a backpacker so weight is not an issue.

I appreciate any specification feedback!

Sincerely,
    Josh

Re: Horseman 45LE Specifications

Josh, the LE, like all full system rail cameras actually has many different specifications. It is the entry level configuration for the Horseman L Frame system. The LE usually comes equipped with a fixed length rail (there are rails available from 250mm through 1000mm and an adjustable 300-700 rail), a standard bellows (there are two standard bellows available one regular giving you ~ 500mm of extension and the other long giving you about another 200mm also a bag bellows for wide lenses); both a front and rear standard with axis tilt, swing, shift and rise/fall (the rise/fall adn shift are geared). Sorry, but I don't recall the actual amount of movements but suffice to say they are all very generous and you won't run out. Total weight of the camera with the tripod block is around 20 lbs. It is among the most rigid cameras made.

Also available as part of the system are center frames to couple two or more bellows, upgraded standards to add more geared movements and base tilt, various viewing backs, etc.

Like all system cameras there is a detailed catalogue listing every item that you should be able to get from the US Distributer, Direct Source Marketing.

Officially, all the Horseman models (LE, LS, LX, LXC, LD) are all still in production. However, I talked with the company owner two months ago and he says they aren't making anything except the LD at the moment.

Re: Horseman 45LE Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post

Officially, all the Horseman models (LE, LS, LX, LXC, LD) are all still in production. However, I talked with the company owner two months ago and he says they aren't making anything except the LD at the moment.
    Thanks for that info. Are they still supplying spares and accessories for the rest of the line (LS, LX) ?