Thread: ICC profiles on 7600

ICC profiles on 7600

I am using an Epson Stylus Pro 7600 with Adobe Creative Suite 3 and printing on Premium Semimatte 250. I am using is Windows XP on an IBM.

The profile that I used for this paper is no longer working properly. The print preview shows colors that are faded and muted. I have loaded a new copy of the profile and nothing has changed. I contacted the creator f the profiles and he gave me the following instruction for OSX

To troubleshoot your problem:

If you are running MacOS X, then open the Printer Setup Utility in the applications/utilities folder,
    and choose the "Reset Printing System" menu item.

In the Printer Setup Utility choose your 7600 as the default printer to work around a driver bug.

Next delete all saved printer presets and make and save new ones starting with "Standard".
    Make sure all the settings match the xxx.pdf profile document accompanying the profile.

When printing, tell Photoshop to manage the colors, choose your printer profile,
    and perceptual with blackpoint compensation on.

I have been trying to translate these instructions into the Windows printing set ups but I have been unsuccessful. Any Assistance would be appreciated.

Saratoga, CA

Re: ICC profiles on 7600

You don't say who's profiles you are using but the ones I've been using for years with excellent results are Bill Atkinson's. They are free and available at: http://homepage.mac.com/billatkinson/FileSharing2.html .

I hope this helps.
    Gale

Tech Support, Chromix, Inc.

Re: ICC profiles on 7600

The instructions for Mac OS X would be valid for mac systems, because there are some bugs between Photoshop, Epson drivers and OS X. I have not heard of these same problems on Windows XP, so I don't think you need to go there. If you are suddenly getting different results from the same profile, then you should probably look to something else besides the profile. Have you done a nozzle check? Using the same rendering intent? Have you changed paper / ink?

See # 10:
    http://www.colorwiki.com/wiki/Color_...ent_Myths_6-10

-Pat Herold
    Chromix, Inc.