Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Snow/Ice anyone?

Re: Snow/Ice anyone?

Another one from Massachusetts.

This was taken October 2007 in the White Cloud mountain range in Idaho. I used a Shen Hao HZX45II and a Nikon 90mm lens with Velvia 100.

Attachment 8709

Here are a couple from earlier this year.

Scott

here's one I took last winter, after two days of snow, followed by freezing rain, everyting had several inches of ice on it.

I took this from about 30' out on the lake, there were ice heaves everywhere, picked 3 small holes to wedge the tripod legs in and had a heck of a time keeping from sliding away from the camera.

In my haste to just finish up, I never zeroed the rise after using a 210, and when I put the 90 on for this shot, had a heck of alot of vignetting from the 2" or so rise I had. So cropped 4x5 pano it is...

erie

My wife told me she had some pics she had take of me of me while shooting this,

Ice Dunes - near Mt. Edith Cavell

I just had to post this. You DON'T see something like this everyday (well at least I don't) and yet so ordinary.

A couple recent shots from the hood. Digitized by shooting them on my light table with digital SLR. I really need to get a scanner.

Garden of the Gods from Mesa Rd overlook. Fuji 210 f5.6 W, 2 stop hard GND.

Garden of the Gods from Rattlesnake Ridge Schneider Super Angulon 65 f8 2 stop hard GND

On the second one, I think the GND filter caught a little light and reflected it back into the lens causing flare, but if you have some other explanations, I'd like to hear them. I plan to turn it into a pano and I think I can rescue it.

Here is an even worse example of the problem. Notice the burn in the bottom left.

I should have some better stuff after the 27th of the month.

Shooting with the sun behind you isn't something i usually do but i don't think the light is reflected off of your filter. Was your dark cloth covering your camera during exposure? It also looks like you may need to use a center filter with that lens by the fall off in the corners.
    vinny

LJ Segil

Previously appeared as an attempt at minimalism, but as a newbie I am as yet a little short of material and I though this might also fit here. Taken on the shore of Lake Michigan with a Fuji A 240mm on new Velvia 50 with a Master Technika and a lot of shivering; hope somebody might enjoy it.