Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my epson 9800 problem whit printing

my epson 9800 problem whit printing

hi all, thank you all for reading this first of all.
    my problem is, i have 2 print company branches, in one of them i can print directly from my photoshop cs2 to epson 9800 even 1 metre by 8 metre 100dpi images.
    but in my ne branch i have set up the same system but i can not print larger then 2 metres tiff files from photoshop cs2. it gives me the program error.
    the funny thing is while i can print those whitout rip software in my other shop, the epson service tells me that it is impossible to print from photoshop that big images.

so how can i do that in somewhere else, the same system, same "me", but i can not do it here?
    could you help me, i know that it is better to use rip, but i only print signs so i do not need to spend extra minimum 600 pounds when i can just print.
    thanks

Re: my epson 9800 problem whit printing

I'd use Qimage. For about $50-80 you can make prints up to 50 feet long without a RIP.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Just a couple of thoughts:

Although you say the systems are identical, how about the amount of memory or available disk space ?

Also, how about the Adobe scratch disk settings ? Are they different or is the "faulty" one set to disks that are too small ?

thanks, this is a good news for me, if this works it will be great... as far as i looked on the web site, it looks more likely a image enlarger software, but it also says print availablity is sooo large, anyway i will try the trailer and see if i can print my flatt tiff files in 6-8 metres long. i will get back and leave reviwe thanks again.

yes joanna, i thought about those as well, and find out that there is no difference in adobe's but my new pc is double the memory of the other one which prints!!!

so only thing left is the cable which i don't thing is the issue, but working system has gold plated usb cable this new system has normal 2.0 usb 5metre cable, but i have no problem like other people having slow head movings or waitings or else, it prints very fast or not at all.

it is amezing that i just found out that my other sign maker neighbour is also prints directly from photoshop even large menu designs .
    i donno what is the problem, system is double fast, softwares are same, os are same, ... i donno. i will try to find out, and also i am on Qimage at the moment and will find out if this will help me.

A couple more thoughts.

Assuming you are using Windows:

How much memory in each machine ?

If you have 3GB or more, is the /3GB switch set in Windows ?

USB ports can have conflict problems on some motherboards but not others; are you using the motherboard ports or an additional USB card ?

Could you try Firewire cables instead ? They should be less prone to conflicts.

yea i tried those as well, but the error comes just before i can press the print button on photoshop print prewiew page just after i click okey to the sizes. so if there is a problem whit connection or cable should not it say the error after waiting couple of seconds for transfer? and the erorrs are all for any image larger than 90" which is the limit of the photoshop as the experts say, but what i can print in other shop are more than this size, so bigger than it, and no waiting longer than 1 minute for the printer to start for 9 metre job and it does quite fast whit no speed problem.

now this qimage has strated printing a 400 x 110 cm 100 dpi image, i set up the res. options to "off" because when it was set to somethings it took half an hour and did not print, now it started right away. lets se if it finalise whit no problem, and could you tell me where can i buy this in uk? cause i could not find it on net yet.

The 2 meter limit is a constraint of CS2, but it is related to the number of PIXELS you can print, not a total length. IOW you should have no problem printing a long poster or graphics at say 120 PPI, but will run into limits at 300 and 360 or even 240 PPI. CS3 has fixed this, as will the Q-Image printing program, but it is only a PC tool. Your only choice is a RIP, 3rd party printing program or CS3 to overcome this limitation.
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com