I think I will be a LF photographer soon. I will probably buy a new Tachihara, as I plan to start simple (and inexpensive) and I will be hiking for lanscape photos. I think I will probably start with a 90mm lens, since I like wide-angle near-far shots but don't want anything too wide at first and I'm concerned about bellows issues. Will probably also get a 210 soon for my second lens, and will probably stick with those for quite some time.
I will likely buy the lenses used, and have been looking on e-bay quite a bit to see what's out there. I'm inclined not to skimp too much on lenses, but also can't rationalize $1500-2000 for new super-angulons and such. I will also most likely buy from an e-bay store as I am willing to spend a little bit more to avoid spending the time I might fooling around with bidding. So my specific questions are these:
1. Any favorites any of you have? Comments on my proposed choices?
2. Any e-bay stores that any of you have had good luck with?
3. It seems I can save a bit of money and weight by going f8 instead of f5.6 or faster. Any comments?
4. I live in a place where I will have almost no support (or none) in terms of shops and mentors, and I'm concerned about shutter calibration. I suspect I could ship a lens off somewhere to have that done? Would it be better to just shoot some film first and see how it comes out? Any suggestions?
5. Anything else anyone wants to tell me would be fine by me!