Thread: Lab for Full Size Dupes of 4x5 Transparencies

Lab for Full Size Dupes of 4x5 Transparencies

I realize that this question falls into the "shopping" category but I haven't be en able to find much in the way of info on the subject either here or at photo.n et. The question is this. Can anyone recommend a lab for high quality 4x5 duplicates of 4x5 transparencies ? Thanks for your help.

Have you tried making your own? I've made many a dup by placing the orgional on a light table and shot it with the 4X5 using EPN Ektachrome film. The EPN is a "softer" film which helps because of the typical increase in contrast when making a dup. Use a black mat to cover the rest of the light table to prevent flair.

I was going to pose a question asking if anyone had made duplicates of transparencies by shooting one on a light table. Seems it would work if the light is a correct color.

But I was thinking more along the lines of making 35mm prints from 4x5 transparencies for when the convenience and cost of 35mm is important and I don't need the resolution of 4x5. (E.g., wanting to get Christmas cards made with one of my 4x5 photos.)

The folks at Repro Images in Vienna, VA seem to know what their talking about. Their phone is 800-998-3873.

Overall, I'd guess that high quality scans has reduced the need for duplicates for many people.