Thread: imacon 3f scan: mac to PC

imacon 3f scan: mac to PC

Could anybody explain what happens when a negative scanned as an imacon 3F file on a mac is opened in imaconīs flexcolor program on a PC - which I thought would be a straightforward seamless conversion but of course has turned out to be not so simple.

At present I am moving and my Imacon Precion II scanner is in storage, so I scanned my latest batch of negs with a different (more modern) rented imacon scanner that was hooked up to a mac. The files looked fine when I checked them in flexcolor on the mac. But when I try to open them on my PC they appear as a "positive" thumbnail image in windows explorer but open as "negatives" in the flexcolor program and also in Photoshop, i.e. opposite to how negs scanned on my PC usually appear and open.

maybe because it is me who is too simple?

3F "negative" problem solved

Just found the solution to my own problem, which was a 3F image that I scanned with an Imacon 848 on a mac opening as a negative image in an earlier version of the flexcolor program on a PC. The problem was not incompatibility of mac and pc platforms but the older version of the flexcolor software that I was running on my PC. When I downloaded the latest free version of flexcolor (4.8.X) from hasselblad and installed it on my pc the 3f files that I had scanned on the Imacon 848 scanner opened correctly.