Thread: using FedEx

using FedEx

I ordered a lens (special) from Schneider NY Payed by card 12/07/07 Fri. about 2pm. By 4.00 it had been dispatched. Received here in Melbourne AU 11am 12/11/07 tue.

What with the Christmas rush and all that I wasn't expecting it for an other week or more. I'm still blown away with the service. Not even accompanied luggage just a parcel. Can take a week or more just to go to the next town this end.

sent UPS Int'l and arrived by FedEx

Put a whole new light on sending photo gear on ahead and collect at the depot.

Re: using FedEx

OTOH,

Two weeks ago I ordered a vest from Swanndri in New Zealand. Ordered and paid on Monday. Was wearing the vest on Saturday.

FedEx is the only shipper that cannot find my address...often packages are returned with "bad address" as reason. I get so furious.

I received a camera from Hong Kong last week in two days by Fed Ex. Completely surprised me too.

Here in Georgia we have gotten ebay packages from Australia amazingly fast by postal service-like 3 days. FedX has also used the "can't find address" excuse several times even though they have delivered here often-I think it is an excuse when they absolutely, positively don't manage to deliver overnight.

The last package I got via FedEx had a note on the tracking: "Inclement weather has delayed this package."

Maybe our addresses are too simple in Canada, so they needed a different reason.