Thread: Fractals 5

Fractals 5

Is anyone here running Fractals 5 in their digital workflow? If so, what is your experience with the program? Thanks for any information that you can share.

Re: Fractals 5

Donald

I am running MAC OSX 10.5.1 and PSCS3 + GF V5 .
    To run GF V5 on LEOPARD you must download a compatible version from onONE .

The results I obtain up to now are extremely good .
    What you should have , is a lot of RAM and a lot of space on your system HD .
    I use a 120GB HD just for the OS and have 3,5GB RAM . Sufficient enough for big images .

What I found is , increase an image in size is not an issue at all , but decrease in size fails sometimes . I could not determine yet , what is the cause for this . Might be , that I have to do some more reading in the doc.

Jürgen

Jurgen, Thanks for sharing your experience. Looks like I may need to upgrade my box. I have 2gb and 160 HD on CS3.

I use it regularly for scaling up DSLR files for clients. It is clearly superior to the tools in CS3 with fewer artifacts and superior fine detail.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Can anyone fill me in on the difference between Fractals 5 and Fractals Print Pro 5? Thanks.

Here is an ad I just received from Calumet. GF5 is obviously superior that they are packaging it and PS together. I think (not sure) Fractals Print Pro 5 is a final stage sharpening program for optimum printing at various sizes on different media.

Photoshop CS3 has become indispensable to photographers and designers worldwide. If you haven’t made the leap, you’re missing out on industry-leading image editing, unmatched compositing, smart filters, customized workflows, advanced color management—and that’s just the highlight reel. This Christmas, we’re giving you one more great reason to upgrade: purchase Photoshop CS3 bundled with Genuine Fractals 5, and you’ll save $125 in the process.

Genuine Fractals 5 is renowned for enlarging images by more than 1000% without losing sharpness thanks to patented, fractal-based algorithms. You’ll be able to crop and resize an image in a single step or batch process entire folders with Photoshop Action Support. It's a must-have for photojournalists, sports and wildlife photographers and anyone who needs to create high-resolution prints from cropped files on the fly. It even works with digital video stills, “up-rezzing” from standard-definition to HD quality.
    Get Photoshop CS3 and Genuine Fractals 5 together for only $684.99, just $35 more than Photoshop alone. Hurry, this exclusive deal will only last until December 31. (Note: This deal cannot be combined with the onOne $25 mail-in rebate.)
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by witold View Post
    Can anyone fill me in on the difference between Fractals 5 and Fractals Print Pro 5? Thanks.
    The pro version supports CMYK while the regular program does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    I use it regularly for scaling up DSLR files for clients. It is clearly superior to the tools in CS3 with fewer artifacts and superior fine detail.
    Thanks Kirk