Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your bag

Re: Show your bag

This is great!. Please guys, keep posting - I am on the search for a backpack for my rather compact 4x5 for an "urban" shooting (open-and-take-it-out) as well.
    Matus

I use many different camera and bag combinations. As I am currently on the road, a drive only trip, here is what I brought this time. The case is a Lightware backpack, which is too large to safely use as a carry on bag for flying. The meters, Linhof viewfinder, binoculars, zone Vi viewing filter, focus loupes, all the small bits are carried in my photo vest.

I carry 2 sinar zooms, a I and a II, a 545i polaroid back and a kodak readyload holder, all of which stack on each other. Under the camera is a very well protected spare GG.
    Last edited by Brian K; 27-Nov-2011 at 23:11.

This is a 4X5 kit with six lenses. The pack is a top-loading waterproof sack. I own a Super Trekker but this set up is lighter and carries much better. There is certain convenience to the panel-loading approach - one zip and everything is within reach - but for me the efficiency of load carrying and the pack's weather resistance are more important.

Baxter

Here is a shot I had to produce for a review of the Supertrekker.

Have now replaced Super-Angulon 90mm f5.6 with a SSXL 110 which stays on camera. Std bellows now on camera and bag bellows in container. The 120mm has been removed and now have two loupes a 4x and a 10x. Also now swap the Nikkor 210mm with a Cooke PS945 depending on where I am going.

Dark cloth goes around lens and on camera. New toy here - the Paramo darkcloth, developed by Joe Cornish and David Ward; only a couple of outings, but looking like a great product. Only 10 exist at present, full production starting soon.

£25, Nikon SLR Bag

Fits the Razzle in the main pocket (with space for a box of film with the GG.
    DDS on one or both sides, only a few in but more will fit.
    Radio flash trigger and meter down the other side, often the big Vivitar flash will fit with the meter and triggers in the front instead, or else the flash can rest on top of the stuff.

The front pockets house the bits and pieces including a Zeiss Nettar 515 for snapshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric James View Post
    This is a 4X5 kit with six lenses. The pack is a top-loading waterproof sack. I own a Super Trekker but this set up is lighter and carries much better. There is certain convenience to the panel-loading approach - one zip and everything is within reach - but for me the efficiency of load carrying and the pack's weather resistance are more important.
    WOW!!! You carry a lot of stuff. If you carry the stuff in the first picture, and the dog carries the pack in the second picture, how many days can you stay out before you have to come home and replenish film?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric James View Post
    Eric,
    Are those Gnass lens cases? and, which Lowepro case is that? I assume that your camera is in the rectagular Lowepro case?

Brad.

This pack is for day hikes - not shown: food, water and insulation. For overnight trips I use the same bag if I'm working out of my car. For overnight wilderness camping I have a GoLite Jam2 (weighs about a pound) for all the gear pictured minus three lenses; the Jam 2 is then packed inside a larger top-loading pack that contains stove, tent, sleeping bag, etc. I'd show you but the poor dog still has her hopes up from the last demonstration

Brad: Yes, they are the short Gnass lens cases. The LowePro bag is the Omni Sport with an Ebony RW45E inside - larger Ebony 4X5s fit well too. Eric

I've been working out of the car a lot lately, so I've packed everything into a set of Pelican 1510 dividers inside a generic aluminum tool case I bought from Sam's years ago. Film holders, readyloads, RL holders go into a $10 soft side cooler obtained from Target.

I just received my modified Kelty Redwing back from PhotoBackpacker today. Once I slap together a stiff, foam-padded top to cinch down onto the Pelican dividers, the Kelty will be my LF bag of choice. Hard to beat that suspension in a photo-compatible bag.

BTW, PhotoBackpacker did an excellent job of switching out the factory zipper with a water-resistant, extended zipper on my Kelty. It really opens up the bottom of that pack.