Thread: which wet mount?

which wet mount?

Hi folks,

I've been looking at a wet mounting station for my Epson v750 and was looking at the Scanscience Turn Key Kit with the Scanscience Lumina fluid etc.

I've also seen the Betterscan system mentioned quite a bit on here though and was wondering what people thought of the two solutions particularly which one is best?

Obviously the Betterscan mount is quite a bit cheaper, but I do like the idea of getting all the cleaning items etc with the Scanscience kit.

Although I'll mainly be using it for 4x5 scanning, I will also need it for MF, 35mm and 35mm panoramic so I need to take that into account.

Another factor is that I'm in UK and I'm not sure where I'd get the wet mount fluid from – at least I can get it with the Scanscience set up.

Any recommendations would be most helpful!

Re: which wet mount?

Quote Originally Posted by uniB View Post
    Hi folks,

I've been looking at a wet mounting station for my Epson v750 and was looking at the Scanscience Turn Key Kit with the Scanscience Lumina fluid etc.

I've also seen the Betterscan system mentioned quite a bit on here though and was wondering what people thought of the two solutions particularly which one is best?

Obviously the Betterscan mount is quite a bit cheaper, but I do like the idea of getting all the cleaning items etc with the Scanscience kit.

Although I'll mainly be using it for 4x5 scanning, I will also need it for MF, 35mm and 35mm panoramic so I need to take that into account.

Another factor is that I'm in UK and I'm not sure where I'd get the wet mount fluid from – at least I can get it with the Scanscience set up.

Any recommendations would be most helpful!
    The Betterscanning wet mount station is offers the best solution, even though you have to purchase the supplies seperately. In short it is much better made and more precise than the Scanscience product.

Don Bryant

Hi, I cannot comment on the difference between the two wet mounting stations - I have the Scanscience one which is OK, but then the Betterscanning one wasn't finished when I got it. I can however recommend Trio Plus for scanning supplies in the UK. Telephone 01372 747 555, Website www.trioplus.co.uk

David Whistance

I am a fan of the Betterscanning holder. I think there is a review this month of the Scanscience holder by Ctein in Phototechniques.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

David, I'm a bit confused, just had a look at the Trio Plus website and they seem to sell protective flooring products??

Quote Originally Posted by dwhistance View Post
    Hi, I cannot comment on the difference between the two wet mounting stations - I have the Scanscience one which is OK, but then the Betterscanning one wasn't finished when I got it. I can however recommend Trio Plus for scanning supplies in the UK. Telephone 01372 747 555, Website www.trioplus.co.uk

David Whistance

Maybe Jim Kitchen will pop in here and make a comment about his method of wet scanning with a white plastic background. I should look into that again. (A search should turn up the long thread.)

Jay