"Gooood Eeevening"

Hello to anyone who might harbour some sort of twisted interest in a sad, old, crotchety, cantankerous miscreant who pops little children's balloons and spittles out dour comments about the way young kids today dress!

. . . and hi to everyone who could possibly provide assistance to a newbie to LF (I'm MF from day one) and who just bought an A-S model C and is searching for info on which lenses and film backs to purchase.

I'm located in southern France about 12 km from the town of Cognac <hic, schkyuzze mi> but circulate to and from our place in Switzerland where I've lived for the past ten years.

Day job is Editor/Art director for an international defence equipment technology magazine that's read in 183 countries. My vocation though is video production (20 years of that'll make your eye sockets square). I am also the Media Director for a small multimedia publishing company - we publish dual-language books, translations in Czech/German/French/English and provide literary research in Russian/Spanish (we, HA! - I mean my wife!), photography, desktop publishing design & layout. . . too many irons in the fire really.

Anyway, so much for the cantankerous/dour comment bit.

I'm looking for info on how to bring my new A-S up to speed and get out on the street with it.

Thanks for allowing me to join this cool group (I've used the forum as research before buying my A-S, by the way).

Cheers (insert here a few generic demeaning comments),

Johnny