Thread: Wide angle Dagor

Vanannan

Wide angle Dagor

Re: Wide angle Dagor

I knew the guy was 'trolling' when he asked how much the lens was worth. It seems he is still trying to find out by having such a high reserve and then saying 'make an offer.' Don't take the bait!

I didn't notice that it is a best offer auction. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that. My advice to the seller would have been to use a normal no reserve auction starting at the lowest price possible. This generates more interest and hard to find lenses usually sell for higher $$$ (or ###) this way.

Vanannan

I didn't know the seller was 'trolling' on this forum until after I had posted the link, Just thought it is an incredible BIN price.
    Tony

I remember his prior thread. Maybe uncoated wideangle Dagors are bigger collector items than I thought, but my impression was that the small Dagors just aren't that desirable. 150mm lens with 100 degrees of coverage at f/32---sounds nice, but the Protar Vs are a lot cheaper.

SF Bay Area 94303

140180484789 has anyone ever taken a picture with one of these things? Examples?
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Fry View Post
    140180484789 has anyone ever taken a picture with one of these things? Examples?
    K
    I use several Zeiss-Goerz F9 Dagor's. They do cover 100 degrees and are sharp, compact lenses. Zeiss produced the Goerz designs after they purchased Goerz. The Goerz lens should be the same. The 150mm may cover 8x10, but without trying the lens, you just don't know.

Vanannan

Hi Again
    I have a 6.5 inch f8 wide angle gold dot dagor in mint condition in its original synchro Compur shutter which is a great performer within its limitations, ideal for backpacking, If I am close to my car and need great coverage and or a wide aperture I use my 165mm Super Angulon, for the Dagor I paid £250 sterling (approx. $500) plus a shutter service approx. $80 I can't comprehend why anyone would pay £5000 or anywhere near for an older uncoated specimen in an inferior shutter even if it is rare I would have thought $150-300 to be more realistic, even at that I would need to be very wealthy to justify the purchase.