Thread: Thumbnail in TIFF

Question Thumbnail in TIFF

Hi,

I purchased a Nikon LS9000 ED last week and I start scanning my film using this scanner. However, I find that every TIFF file it scanned, it comes with a thumbnail attaching the file.

Is there any way that I can delete this thumbnail in TIFF and any way to set my scanner so it does not save the thumbnail into the hard disk?

Many thanks.

Re: Thumbnail in TIFF

it only uses up a few kb of space, it's probably more trouble than it's worth to disable it

Which operating system are you using ? It is not uncommon, depending on the view of the data, for the OS to generate a thumbnail. In the operating systems with which I am familiar, you can view files simply by name, or select a thumbnail view.

Thumbnails are considered helpful to the user - especially when viewing many images whose file name may not reveal much. As they say, a picture can be worth a thousand words.

I am using WinXP. I feel strange because I had been using EPSON 4990 to scan to TIFF but the TIFF file by 4990 is just a single image. However, when I begin to use LS9000 to scan film, the TIFF generate contains 2 images - one is the full res and one is a thumbnail.

By the way, I have been using ACDSee to view and edit my images.