Thread: Christmas card paper

Christmas card paper

I would like to make my own Christmas cards this year but I am not sure what to use for paper. I have an Epson inkjet printer (2400) and I thought some of you might have advice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Christmas card paper

Red River Paper has a variety if prescored papers available specifically for this purpose. I have been using them in my notecard business for 4 years and am very pleased with the results. My favorite papers from them for cards are Aurora white and Polar matte. Go to www.redriverpaper.com to see the selection.

I like the Crane Museo Artist Cards but they are quite expensive unless you buy in bulk. However you'll probably get more choice in the US than we do here in the UK.

David Whistance

Daniel Geiger

I have done some using Fabriano Medioevalis card stock and then spay-glued Epson glossy paper on there. I wanted to have punchy colors and a handcrafted feel of the cards (i.e., deckeled edges), but you have to live with the sandwich construction. Fabriano cards can be purchased expensively at art supply stores, or much more cheaply on the web from The Italian Artstore (see http://italianartstore.com/store/Fab...ioevalis.html).

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Red River Paper has a variety if prescored papers available specifically for this purpose. I have been using them in my notecard business for 4 years and am very pleased with the results. My favorite papers from them for cards are Aurora white and Polar matte. Go to www.redriverpaper.com to see the selection.
    Thanks Ted. I ordered a box of the Aurora Natural card stock and it is beautiful. I'm going to order a box of the 13x19 now . Fast delivery too!