Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Chamonix Shoot Out

Smile First Chamonix Shoot Out

I know it's a short notice, but we are going to have our first Chamonix shoot out this Sunday at Walt Disney Concert Hall.

So far we have 7 confirmed folks willing to get up early to take some shots at the famed architecture bathed in soft morning sunlight. Many people will meet for the first times too. All are from this forum!

Chamonix 4x5, 7x17, 8x20 and 20x24 cameras will show up and be caressed and fondled. After the shoot, it's breakfast on Hugo.

Please join us if you are not too far away and can get up early.

Re: First Chamonix Shoot Out

It's a bit far to drive for a Sunday morning breakfast from Portland OR but should be fun. Hope to see some photos from the outing.

Dave Karp

Time?

I wish if folks would photograph the inside for once.
    Be careful boys.

David,

We meet around 6-7 before the sun comes out at the top level of the parking lot across the concert hall. I would like to see you.

Jan,

We will have at least one DSLR to document this event. Well, I believe we will have chance to meet later.

Vinny,

I haven't been inside yet. Lighting conditions? How wide the lens do you think people should bring?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    David,

We meet around 6-7 before the sun comes out at the top level of the parking lot across the concert hall. I would like to see you.

Jan,

We will have at least one DSLR to document this event. Well, I believe we will have chance to meet later.

Vinny,

I haven't been inside yet. Lighting conditions? How wide the lens do you think people should bring?
    I'd suggest the equivalent of 17mm to 28mm in full frame 35mm, depending what format you are using. Longer lenses are fine too, but to get the building and the sky lone might need wide. Of course the roof structure is remarkable so one need not shoot the whole building,

I'll be happy to take anyone from West Los Angeles is they love LF/ architecture.

I'll be shooting the architecture with 4x5, the photographers with DLR's and share with you a modest surprise.

Thanks Hugo!

Asher

Dave Karp

It would be nice to meet in person.

My family is going to participate in a charity run/walk in West Los Angeles. Registration is Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m.

Maybe I can shoot down the freeway, say hi, head back home, pick up the gang, and run to W. LA.

Hey...that's great!

I might be able to come. I'm actually working across the street at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion the night before, rehearsing Mozart's Don Giovanni.

I documented the construction of Disney Hall (including the interior) from 2000 - 2003 BF (before film), albeit with a dSLR. I've had a little site up since the start of the project here: http://home.pacbell.net/viapiano/gehry/gehryindex.html

This photo was made from the roof of the parking structure you're meeting at.

It is an amazing work of engineering and design...and still my favorite building in LA. It has such a presence...and I'm lucky enough to work there regularly in my capacity as guitarist for the LA Philharmonic!

Maybe I'll see everyone down there. I'd love to make some 4x5 images of it, in fact I was thinking that tonight as I was looking at it after dark.

Nice work, Paul.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Red face Re: First Chamonix Shoot Out

Quote Originally Posted by David Karp View Post
    Time?
    Sounds like "morning" which is up to interpretation, but it sure ain't 10 AM.

Depending on how you wish to photograph the building, perhaps before dawn so one can catch the first rays of dawn?
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html