I am almost finished putting together a 12x20 conversion to my cambo 8x10. Everything is fine except for the lense. Since the only way I am able to purchase lenses is online (ebay, Quality camera, etc...), and have a limited supply of money (student). Basically I don't want to pay for a lense and find out that it does not have eanough coverage. I tend to gravitate to wide angle, but not so much that my subjects become distorted. My favorite lense on my 8x10 is the 240caltar f5.6. There is just alot of versitility with this lense. Versitility is another important aspect of a lense I feel is important, because I don't want to have more than one lense. The last thing is afordability (not cheep I only want to purchase it once). I need a lense mounted in a shutter and in good working order (no costly repairs). I am a student that wishes he could afford the new Schneider FINE ART 6g lense, but I cant. Five to seven hundred is about my limit. One thousand if I really find somthing wonderfull.
Thank you
Tim