Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a good Viewfinder

Looking for a good Viewfinder

I see what you mean Paul although to me this does seem rather extreme. Amateur o r pro. we should enjoy our work however we achieve it. After all its the end res ult that counts. Regards,

Paul,

re: "...there is no way I would have a "client" interfering with my work to the extent that I hand over a viewfinder and offer them a look at the intended view!! If this is how you work then GET A POLAROID BACK ( then they can have a little snap to view instead!!). But maybe its not as cool as having a viewfinder strung around your neck!!"

I don't think you understand the process. Of course I use a Polaroid when shooting. If the client is present, they look at and approve the shot from the Polaroid. The thing I was referring to was a preliminary planning meeting with the architect at the site prior to the shoot. At such a meeting, I'll try to figure out the intended "shot". The day of the shoot I'd much rather be concentrating on fine tuning the shot and execution rather than trying to figure out the shot. Ocassionaly I'll use a 35mm camera just to record the space to keep my memory fresh, but I've never brought my 4x5 to such a preliminary meeting (good use for a digital camera). I've found architects wanting to be very involved in the process. They often have strong opinions, but also want to hear how you'd approach the shot. I don't have a viewfinder, but still think it would be useful for these communications. A cardboard viewfinder can still do the job, and has the advantage of being able to simulate the effects of shift and rise/fall which a viewfinder can't.

Doug Dolde

Seems like Linhof needs to update the finder to include 80mm and 110mm Super Symmars.