Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: front rise on a Tech IV

Re: front rise on a Tech IV

Well, count me out of that calculation; I only wish I owned a Linhof. The ones I've seen, and used, suggest a build quality superior to the other LF cameras I've owned and used (and there have been a few).

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur Wong View Post
    Bob,

There have been 240 viewers of this thread on this forum. If I assume that each viewing is by a separate individual, and each of them own a Technika, than my math says that there is a failure rate of at least one in forty.

That"s not a lot?
    Wilbur, On what model?

The IV that was discontinued in the 50s? The V that was discontinued in the 70s? Or the Master which has been available since the early 70s? And the Master Technika of today is not identical with the Master Technika from the 70s.

What would you like to have Linhof change on cameras out of production for up to half a century?

And, according to Marflex, he sees about 12 to 15 instances of this problem on all models since the IV a year.

This forum is not a statistical data source that would be valid for this statistic. Marflex would be a more accurate source but 12 to 15 camera a year for a 50+ year old system is not very many.

Will somebody help me out here?

Bob doesn't seem to understand my previous suggestion.

I am without statistics, but I would venture to suggest that many of those 240 views are by people who never owned a Technika and there are others who do not own the models that are affected.

If I were to limit the previous statistics to only those viewers of the thread who own Technikas with any version of the crank handle versus older models; Than the statistics of a failure of 1 in 40 (6 out of 240 views at the time of my response) will start to sky rocket to a much higher failure rate.

I already own a Technika and will buy one again. I feel that those who have contributed to the exchange of information regarding this camera are interested in long term improvements. Speaking only for myself, I feel like I am being put down by a snake oil saleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur Wong View Post
    Will somebody help me out here?
    i will. There is only one authorized repair station in the USA for Linhof. Has been the same authorized repair station for over two decades. They see 12 to 15 cases of a stripped rise control a year.

Most of those on older cameras.

Is that simple enough Wilbur?

this is highly amusing. just keep it coming bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    " but prone to breaking gear teeth if you force them (a common fault). "

I wouldn't call this a "commn fault". I have been the Linhof Product Manager since 1980 and have never received a call, letter or email from any owner of any Technika with this problem.

I have also never received a report of this problem from either our current repair station - Marflex, or our former repair station - ZV Service.

To be a common problem we would normally be aware of it.

We have also never received any note, call, memo or email from the factory about this being a problem, of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    i will. There is only one authorized repair station in the USA for Linhof. Has been the same authorized repair station for over two decades. They see 12 to 15 cases of a stripped rise control a year.

Most of those on older cameras.

Is that simple enough Wilbur?