Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: critique this image

Re: critique this image

Joe-
    by which I just meant that a photograph rarely stands alone; that each one can de seen as part of a larger "sequence", "series", or in the larger sense, "body of work". No matter how you choose to phrase it, or think about it, I'm guessing that you have other photographs that relate to this one; in subject matter, approach, whatever; and that they, too, deseve to be seen.

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    Joe-
    by which I just meant that a photograph rarely stands alone; that each one can de seen as part of a larger "sequence", "series", or in the larger sense, "body of work". No matter how you choose to phrase it, or think about it, I'm guessing that you have other photographs that relate to this one; in subject matter, approach, whatever; and that they, too, deseve to be seen.
    Truthfully Mark my photography is all over the map which is why I asked. It was a notion towards developing a portfolio based on a series on one subject rather then a group of disparate subjects.

jetcode

Here is another image to critique. I purposely lengthened the image to give the illusion of infinite space behind the model and the checkered texture a foundation in front of the model. Sort of a universe all to her own. She is the model of the last image I posted in the portrait thread.

Joe Thibodeau

Your old high school photo is busy but certain line elements help to hold it all together such as the vertical pole in foreground right, the diagonal roof which leads over to the brick column on the left, dropping our eyes down the curve and onward to the stairs. Very nice. Since it's your old high school I'll bet you have some memories about that space, eh?