Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: InkjetArt warning

Re: InkjetArt warning

Weird, it looks like the moderators deleted the post by Chris Bairs that I was responding to?????
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Weird, it looks like the moderators deleted the post by Chris Bairs that I was responding to?????
    here's a mirror: http://www.inkjetart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8260
    Last edited by chrisbair; 15-Nov-2007 at 13:09. Reason: added quote text

I am not sure what is going on with the mirror, but Chris has answered my question. The problem I have is that I put a specific request in my order - Let me know if there will be a delay in shipping - to get back to me if there was a problem. So we have two systems failures. I hope both are attended to, so that even if the there are failures on the WWW site, they will be caught later.

The big issue for notice is the assumption that telling a customer an item is drop shipped is not the same as telling the customer that you have no inventory info and that they cannot expect delivery in any particular timeframe. That needs to be an explicit part of the dropship info screen - you cannot depend on drop shipments if you are in a hurry.

What I would stress with all of the venders is that accurate inventory status is critical. I have given up on Adorama because they list stuff as in stock, then days later you get the out of stock notice. BH is great on stock - you know if they are out of things and you can count on getting the things they have in stock.

one aspect of the site has been changed, the area you put your comments is only for packing and delivery info (stuff like "leave at side door if no answer" or "don't use packing peanuts") the shipping guys that get those actually don't see a product on their picking ticket if it's out of stock. I've clarified the verbiage above that box to avoid future confusion.

Chris,

I just did a test order for Harman 17x25. The cart says "In stock", and below that, Drop Ship. When you click on drop ship, it says:

"This product is shipped directly from the warehouse that is closest to your shipping address, in most cases this is faster than items shipped from Salt Lake City location."

This is what you need to change. You need to do away with the In Stock field, and you need to change the drop ship notice to something like this:

"This product is shipped directly from the warehouse that is closest to your shipping address. While this can be faster than items shipped from Salt Lake City location, we have no information on whether drop shipped products are in stock in the shipper's warehouse."

like that?

it's worded a little differently but more accurately reflects the situation.

I'll take helpful criticism all day if it's offered!

Nice replies Chris, good attitude. Hang in there!

One book that I used with my team on customer service was "Delivering Knock Your Socks Off Service." Nice short chapters, helps folks to understand a true customer service perspective (re: your reference to being softer, etc. for some folks.)

I am also a certified 6 Sigma Black Belt (quality certification.) Keep the focus 100% on fixing the process. Things always fall through the cracks, but you will get there!

The drop ship situation reminds me of Dell. They do a fantastic job on their own products. But folks complain all of the time about the shipping and lack of communication on cameras, lenses, etc. that are sub-contracted out.

Good luck! Great place! Now, do you have any Cave Paint stuff you are dumping since the recent rulings?

we have some bulk ink but all the systems were drop-shipped once we saw ruminations of the coming storm so we wouldn't get stuck with un-sellable stuff. The bulk ink we can still sell.

Thanks! I may go that route, still trying to figure out what I will do with my older Epson 7600.

I may also try to upgrade it to the K3 inks, or K3 Vivid. I've been chatting with one guy who did that. In which case I am going to be ordering new ink, plus I will be bugging you guys for some profiles for that odd beast.

I was partly kidding about the Cave Paints. I knew you had stopped selling all of the systems. Glad you didn't get stuck with excess stock in that mess.

Preston Birdwell

I just received my first order from InkjetArt; paper and K3 inkset for my 2400. As a new customer, I am pleased with the service, my order was delivered as sheduled, and my order was nicely and securely packed.

I'll be be back, Chris!

Thanks,

-PB
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."