Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Sharpness Puzzle...

Exclamation Re: Sharpness Puzzle...

Sounds like a loose nut behind the wheel doesn't it? A very disengaging conversation.

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Re: Sharpness Puzzle...

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich View Post
    Sounds like a loose nut behind the wheel doesn't it? A very disengaging conversation.
    Turner,

I'm not sure I understand. Can you elaborate?

Anyway, I finished another test. This time as I promised, I put some weight under tripod to prevent shaking, waited like 30 second after pulling darkslide, slowly released shutter and at last, developed it normally. Negative is drying as we speak, I'll post results as soon as possible.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich View Post

Mr. Bill_1886, Mr. Turner Reich: You not make mistake. You only persons with bravry to say what many other people think.

Mr. SAShuby own 3 camera and every 3 camera have same mistake in all picture not focus? He not try to find mistake himself use trial and test. It be like question, what is life? what car I drive because this one too big und that one too small. That car too long this one too short one half inch. groundglass maybe? enlarger maybe? gg maybe not? elnarger may be not? fresnel may be? May be not fresnel? ALL camera make same mistake all at same time? Maybe film not sharp? Problem not

grounglass-focus/flilm/enlarger/tripod/wind/mount lens. Maybe cable rlease shake in typhoon? He way past rule test. Sound like expert tell people this and that? Not this and that?

For stand development you must have minimum 4 ton granite table for support tank. You must get no harmonic vibration or any other nature of movement of chemical in you tank.. After, tie tripod on top. It no matter rubber or spike feet? There be no vibration and is great.

Mr. SAShuby shuld ask friend help him. I may be think he contains no friends? His attitude is very arrogant and he think he know it all.

Mr. SAShuby: My suggest you start all over one lens. one camera same tripod cablerlease and expose film. Do more work by self and obsever how you do. Do not be so cheap shoot more then one sheet negative film. In realty, I real think bestest suggest is you sell proffessional cameras and buy digi easy touse camera. Then Sharp picture possible. But because you I not so sure that help in you get sharper picture. May be best in purchase postcards and not bother photograph pictures.

I think Mr. SAShuby is enjoy his time to wank with all you people but not think how perform smart analyze in his situation. Give him very hugest towel.

This must be portrait dedicate of Mr. SAShuby.

Quote Originally Posted by LargeFormatShooter View Post
    Mr. Bill_1886, Mr. Turner Reich: You not make mistake. You only persons with bravry to say what many other people think.

Mr. SAShuby own 3 camera and every 3 camera have same mistake in all picture not focus? He not try to find mistake himself use trial and test. It be like question, what is life? what car I drive because this one too big und that one too small. That car too long this one too short one half inch. groundglass maybe? enlarger maybe? gg maybe not? elnarger may be not? fresnel may be? May be not fresnel? ALL camera make same mistake all at same time? Maybe film not sharp? Problem not

grounglass-focus/flilm/enlarger/tripod/wind/mount lens. Maybe cable rlease shake in typhoon? He way past rule test. Sound like expert tell people this and that? Not this and that?

For stand development you must have minimum 4 ton granite table for support tank. You must get no harmonic vibration or any other nature of movement of chemical in you tank.. After, tie tripod on top. It no matter rubber or spike feet? There be no vibration and is great.

Mr. SAShuby shuld ask friend help him. I may be think he contains no friends? His attitude is very arrogant and he think he know it all.

Mr. SAShuby: My suggest you start all over one lens. one camera same tripod cablerlease and expose film. Do more work by self and obsever how you do. Do not be so cheap shoot more then one sheet negative film. In realty, I real think bestest suggest is you sell proffessional cameras and buy digi easy touse camera. Then Sharp picture possible. But because you I not so sure that help in you get sharper picture. May be best in purchase postcards and not bother photograph pictures.

I think Mr. SAShuby is enjoy his time to wank with all you people but not think how perform smart analyze in his situation. Give him very hugest towel.

This must be portrait dedicate of Mr. SAShuby.
    LOL. You're quite a funny guy, I can tell. I believe SAShuby would laugh as well. Anyway, i'm not going to comment on that not because I coudn't, but because it's a waste of my time.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Well, after a very good laugh which made my evening, here is promised picture.
    Last edited by SAShruby; 2-Oct-2009 at 14:14.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Rio Oso shooter

Very nice Sas

It seems you want a sharper image. correct?

Xtol is a "Fine grain" developer, Meaning lower accutence thus a less sharp image. Fine grain developers work by semi-disolving the grain crystals which fills in the space between the grain and reducing its apperence. Switch to a high accutence developer.

Pyro developers will have more apperent grain, but because they only develop the the outer most silver halide layer they produce much sharper negs.

best of luck

Supplemental weight under tripod???

I just came across this post. A very long time ago, I read an extensive piece on extra measures to steady a tripod. I have not read all your posts, and that article is long since gone, in terms of finding it. However, the short story is that the author did extensive and detailed studies of image sharpness. His result was that he acquired another level of sharpness by hanging two large weights from a bag mounted on an eyelet at the bottom of his tripod center post. He also allowed considerable time for all movement to damp down before tripping his shutter.

His final solution... he carries a net shopping bag empty in his camera kit, and on site, he loads it with rocks found on site and hangs it from his center post.

Again, this may have been mentioned in your numerous responses, but just thought I'd pass it along.

Could be the tripod head and mount. I had an arca swiss that vibrated like a tuning fork (when it was not locked up!!). Finally I got rid of the POS. I bought the solidest head I could find, with the biggest mounting plate and a really solid tripod. Also, there is quite a bit of diffusion at f45.